3D Artwork: Low detail Motormaster

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Misatokitty, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Hi all. Been a long time since I posted any art here... mostly because I haven't been doing any for over a year. Very little TF-related in what I was doing, anyway. So what I've got here is something I've been working on for the last two days. It's a low detail Motormaster, as stated above. All up so far, the model has taken maybe 2 and a half, three hours, and has only a little bit left to go in the modelling before I start texturing. Which will be simple, since I can't make textures for crud ;)  Working off the knock-off teeny Motormaster toy for reference, but have made some obvious alterations for the sake of movement ranges, most notably in the arms.

Hope to be updating this one soon with another pic (head is next!)

[​IMG]

2. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Updated sooner than I thought. As I said, not so good with textures. But will be working on the textures with this for a little while, so yeah. I'll be doing quick and dirty first, and then going back and re-doing parts, since my texturing method is really, really suspect.

[​IMG]

3. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Hey hey, been a while indeed. :)  How's your 1942 project coming along?

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

So for so good. What program are you using? How many objects is MM?

5. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Quintesson#1, it's dead in the water as a comic. I realised this halfway through my 4th rebuild of Optimus Prime, and having admitted that, I'm thinking fanfic series. First chapter has been written (and actually finished about a week ago), with part of the second chapter started some time before. I'm, uh, actually waiting on feedback from some friends before I go any further, though. And I have comic scripts for the first "issue", which would be about 4 chapters, and plots for... 10-12 issues. Most of those can be condensed. Also thinking of doing some drawn art if I can, although a lot of the concepts I did for the 3d work are pretty basic... transformations worked out for some characters and major detail work, but nothing great.

Put simply, not too sure how it's going atm ;) 

Chaos Prime, it's done in 3ds max 9, and he's one object. I was trying a few new things with him I'd seen done and that I'd picked up myself, but never really applied to a complete model before. My aim is to texture him and rig him, except my texture-making ability is almost non-existant, and my texture-applying skills are only slightly better.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Looking good Misato. You seem to work in the same way as me; basic parts first, then detail them afterwards.
    As for textures, remember that you can map the larger details (such as the Decepticon symbols and so on) easily enough, and if you put enough detail into the model itself you can often get by with little more than procedurals or basic panels for maps.

7. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Quick update: have been working on the textures again. And yeah, I'm trying for real low poly detail for a few reasons, mostly to see if I can make something worthwhile without putting all my usual overload of details in that can't be seen and doesn't work half the time... think of it like a game model from a few years ago ;)  Trying to be economical rather than lots of physical detail that doesn't need to be there.

There's been one minor change to the model itself - I wasn't happy with trying to make the shoulder pegs a texture (where the arms of Menasor plug in) so I made it a part of the model. They're pretty small, but they're there.

[​IMG]

8. Showster

Showster Well-Known Member

yo dude it is shapping up nicely, let me know if you want a hand / advice with the texture/s!?!