Loved the Movie, but I deserve a Plot Rant

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jle1076, Jul 12, 2011.

1. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

1) If anything that size instantly appeared in our atmosphere, it would destroy our planet almost instantly.

2) Wouldnt a couple thousand futuristic hyper intelligent Robots that are 30-100 feet tall and super strong be able to do more than 6billion un-wanting bugs that can only lift their own bodyweight? (on average)

3.) How would humans survive on Cybertron when we need a VERY specific atmospheric pressure or our lungs collapse?

Now dont get me wrong, i LOVED the movie, i just wish they wouldve beamed cybertron "close" to earth, not into its fucking atmosphere. Thats a dumb way to enslave a race, by killing it and destroying all its resources. And other quirks by yall?

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I'm almost tired of answering this: Space Bridge technology, Sentinel flat-out says "Your laws of physics cannot alone explain the logic of a Spare Bridge."

I am seriously surprised by the sheer amount of people that miss that line.

Couple of thousand? At most, we've seen, at most, 200-and-something 'Cons.

And we never saw Sentinel's plan unfold completelly, he could have used mankind as living fuel for a Harvester to bring Cybertron back to its wheels.

Besides, Dylan himself pointed out they didn't want mankind only, they wanted our resources as well.

Behold, puny mortal: The Decepticons! The guys who don't give a shit to your lungs!

They would probably create some mumbo jumbo to keep your body living, ripping off your lungs and replacing it by mechanical lungs is not out of the question, neither is lobotomize you and do the same process.

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

1. The Space Bridge tech defied normal Physics which Sentinel plainly said. Sam even made a citation to Sentinel Prime saying Einstein is wrong during his rant.

Cybertron was just a small fraction through and seems to be just phasing in.

2. They are almost extinct with their Energon producing Macguffins gone. There is still the Matrix but who knows how to fix the Sun Harvester. They need a labor force and an already set us industrial base.

3. Whoever said they would ship us to Cybertron? Decepticons needs us to strip mine Earth for all its worth.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This is a Michael Bay film. In his fictional realms, physics and so on do not matter.

5. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    How so? Not that I'm trying to challenge you but I don't understand the physics of it.

So how would the arrival of Cybertron to Earth's atmostphere, physically affect the planet other than affecting the waves in the ocean?

6. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

"I just finished your book and there's only one problem. Einstein's wrong.
    Energy does equal mass times the velocity of light squared in this dimension, but what about the other 17? We haven't even talked about the other 17. Clear example. Break down the elemental components of Energon, assume a constant decay rate and extrapolate for each of the... Fourteen galactic convergences it took the Sentinel Prime expedition to receive an... Echo on its signal, you wind up with a formula for inter-dimensional energy increase that mass and light alone can't possibly explain."

Did Sam really say that during his crazy blabbering? Any videos?

7. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

He mentions Sentinel Prime by name during the rant, but I could never catch exactly what he says.

8. Dez7734

Dez7734 Well-Known Member

It's almost as annoying as people acting like dicks for no reason.

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The script.
    Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Script - transcript from the screenplay and/or the Michael Bay with Shia LaBeouf

10. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

1. I figured that Cybertron's mass is probably less than Earth's, but the reason it looks larger is because it's all spread out. Cybertron didn't look like a solid hunk of metal.

2. Display of power. Sentinel said, "We were GODS once! But here...they call us MACHINES..." Humans are lowly creatures that should serve the superior Cybertronians.

3. Like RedWolf said, they weren't going to transport humans. They were going to make the humans harvest Earth's resources (hell, Sentinel even said that he knows little of Earth, so let the creatures who are more knowledgeable do the work).

11. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Ignoring the movie's out of our laws of physics being defied, and using actual physics, if Cybertron were to be where it was in the movie, the planets would collide due to gravity. Gravity is connected to mass and distance. Two objects with the masses of Earth and Cybertron that close together would most definitely come together, and quite quickly I would think.

12. jle1076

LOL are you kidding me? No shit the space bridge technology defies physics, hes warping matter through time, but that doesnt change the fact that 1/3 of cybertron was IN EARTHS ATMOSPHERE, that would instantly destroy our planet, it would merge almost instantaneously

13. jle1076

If you can download a language in 4 milliseconds, you can google resources lol, sentinel said freedom was the right of all sentient beings, so he went against everything logical AND said by him in the past and movie..

14. Overlord Balder

If Sentinel said it defies laws of physics, IT DEFIES LAWS OF PHYSICS, savvy?

15. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Seriously.

It's just a movie - Not. Real. Life.

It bothered me a little until I remembered that Sentinel said that the technology defies our laws of physics.

How? I don't know. Maybe there was some sort of field around Cybertron or something.

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    :bay 

17. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

I think you're the one who is misunderstanding things. The space bridge defies laws of physics to bring things to eachother, he never makes any mention of it continuing to do so once it's arrived. All the decepticons transported via the space bridge were abiding the laws of physics once they were transported, there's no reason to think cybertron wouldn't as well.

18. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

That's why I think there was some kind of field around the planet.

However, I'm not a scientist - and these movies definitely are not detailed science class lectures.

HOLLLLLLLLLYWOOOOOOOOOOD

19. Overlord Balder

Surely the arrival of the object is something the Space Bridge technology is involved with, including its implications on gravity and atmosphere.

You also forget that they only obey the laws of physics once they're FULLY transported, Cybertron was STILL transforming.

If things don't make sense, fan-explanation can always fix it: Sentinel Prime is the only one that can operate those pillars, he might have changed the "setup" of the Pillars to allow such a titanic planet enter on our gravity field without destroying Earth [for example: Making the Bridge warp gravity itself to accomplish the transport of Cybertron].

All in all, he's the Einstein of Cybertron, isn't he?

20. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Ok, so how about when the space bridge is temporarily deactivated, during which time it could clearly have no influence over cybertron, and a giant hunk of the planet is just hanging out a couple hundred miles above earth? You may disagree, but I think this whole thing should just be attributed to film maker disregard, not to reaching for an explanation that's just not really there in the film.