Love to Hate, Hate to Love

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Meta777, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

A brief muse on one of the Decepticons of the Metaverse. Enjoy!

The Darksyde drifted casually across the night sky, the black Seeker-class vessel invisible to any and all human methods of detection. It grazed the border between the planet's atmosphere and the endless reach of space, and currently, all non-essential functions were inactive to conserve Energon. The ship was due for refill tomorrow; it would soon make way to the Combaticon's headquarters to receive a payload of Energon.

Currently, the crew were in the bridge. Soundwave and Slipstream were monitoring communications from offworld Decepticons, the Seekers watched over the ship's systems and Starscream was sat upon the command chair at the centre point of the room, musing over plots in his mind as he idly stroked his little drone, Waspinator.

Barricade, meanwhile, was loitering in a corner, leaning against the wall, arms folded, red optics narrowed in distaste, glaring at each Decepticon in turn, thinking the hateful thoughts that so distuingished his personality.

Barricade had always maintained a bad reputation amongst the Decepticons. His intense dislike of his comrades made itself known through every dismissive gesture, every mocking sneer, every glare, every insult. He'd been reassigned to many different commanders simply because the previous one could no longer tolerate his negative behaviour. Barricade's hatred made him unpopular, and many believed that the reason he had been assigned to Starscream and sent to this piece of slag called Earth was so the main Decepticon forces could finally get rid of him.

No-one would be surprised if that were true.

His hatred for others stemmed simply from a truly self-serving personality. He believed others inferior, less skilled, less competent. Everyone except him was an idiot, that was his mindset. Put bluntly, in human terms, he was a major asshole. Many Cybertronians wondered why he hadn't changed his optic colour to purple, the typical colour such a superiorty-obsessed Cybertronian would use.

Of course, this ever-lasting dislike of others made him a formidable foe to any Autobot. His weapons and frenzied nature were ferocious to battle against, and he had earned himself a good reputation of brutal murder.

If you were to ask him about the Autobots he had killed, Barricade would smile a cruel smile and he would go on about the foolish opponents that had fell by his hand. He might tell you about the Autobot scout he had run off a cliff, then had climbed down and pulled off the dying victim's head. Maybe the time he ripped out an opponent's spark with his bare hands, and shoved a grenade into the empty spark-chamber so he could watch some fireworks in celebraiton. His personal favourite was ripping off the wing of a flyer and beating them to a mess of scrap with it.

Barricade loved killing, and his hatred fuelled his brutality.

But that was his feelings towards Autobots. What was going through his head, as he lurked in the corner, glaring at his comrades, regarding his feelings for the other Decepticons on the Darksyde? Let's find out.

"Starscream. What a dumbass. He honestly thinks he can single-handedly overthrow this planet with all those cute little plans. Ha, he couldn't devise a good plan if I held a gun to his head and a list of good plans to his face. I hate his little bug too. Pits below, that bug is so damn annoying. And wow, Starscream honestly thinks he can overthrow Megatron? I'd love to see him try. I'll be sure to arrange molten slag to be dumped upon his grave after our oh-so grand psychopathic leader tears him apart."

Barricade smiled at the thought of Megatron ripping the egotistical high-pitched moron apart, before his gaze narrowed upon the Communications officer.

"Oh, look at me, I'm Soundwave! I speak like a computer and I know how to work a radio. Oh, I'm so fancy with this sleek sports car altmode! Gimme a break, you stuck-up fragger. Everyone knows you're just Megatron's sycophantic tattle-tale who wants to peek in our lockers and find out our secrets. Ever heard of personal space, you pretentious pile of scrap?"

Barricade truly did dislike Soundwave. The Communications officer was a sneaky snitch who was always trying to, what did the fleshies say? Oh yes, mouse out people. Or was it rat?

He shook his head; humans had way too many sayings for the same damn subject. At least they made up for it with a colourful and versatile amount of curses.

His next target was Nighttrace, upon noting her flitting around:

"Stupidest design ever. Oh, single tail and flitter-flutter wings, like a damn.... what was it? Oh yeah, fairy. How sweet, she looks like a poofy little fairy. Urgh, she's an even worse suck-up than Soundwave! Starscream this, Starscream that! If she talked more, that's all she'd talk about! An utter waste of time, that one."

Damn, he was on a roll with his hating campaign! Next on the list-

"These Seekers, urgh. What more can I say? Mindless drones, that's all they are. Starscream's personal little sycophants, his band of merry men. Pitiful sparkless scrapheaps."

He glared at a Seeker that had dared to glance at him, and it swiftly moved its attention back to the console that monitored the ship's energy usage. Starscream's personal enforcers, the Seekers were drones specially designed for air superiority and complete obedience for the Decepticon third-in-command.

One had to wonder how monotonous one's life must be if all they did all day was sit in a corner, thinking nothing but dislike for others. But Barricade revelled in it.

And lastly, Slipstream:

"Soft-spark, that's her problem. She thinks too much of healing and clouds and all that slag instead of, you know, the whole damn War going on. Head made of lead, that one; oh, look at me, I have a Repair ray for an arm, I must heal everyone! Stuck-up idiot, the way she's all snide and looks into you with those lovely green optics-"

A pause.

"Wait what?"

Now, this was a truth that Barricade sought so desperately to hide. Hide it from his team-mates, his enemies, even himself. This was a truth that burnt him from within, a terrible force that waged war with his hateful mind and disrespectful nature.

He liked Slipstream.

He liked her quite a lot.

Barricade tried to justify it. I mean, Slipstream was certainly attractive by Cybertronian standards; her sleek angled form, her stealth jet alt-mode, the tailfins on the back, her understanding and compassionate-

Actually frag that, Barricade hated compassionate people. Fair enough, he liked her because she looked good. For a Decepticon who despised most traits of his comrades, liking a femme because she was physically attractive was a justified reason for not totally hating them.

But that was a slagging lie, he had to admit.

Truth was, and don't ever tell anyone lest you wish to die a painful and drawn-out death, he actually kind of did like her personality. Well, not really, but just a little bit at least. A rather kind personality was rare amongst Decepticons, and a rather kind personality amongst Decepticon femmes was even rarer. She was nice to him, tolerated him despite his cold demeanour, and maybe, just maybe, she might like him too.

Barricade shuddered. His reputation, his whole state of mind, may well collapse if that were true. And yet why the Pit should he care? If Slipstream liked him (and be honest, what femme didn't like the powerful, the stealthy and the intelligent Barricade?), then that was a win-win. He got the girl, and the other Decepticons could go suck a Photon Rifle.

Anyway, where was he? Oh yeah.

He liked her optics, the way they would shine slightly brighter when she was pleased and the odd yet nice way the green glow contrasted her black armour.

Granted, green optics were the symbol of a medic, and medics were generally pacifistic idiots. Slipstream was no different from other medics in that she focused too much on healing rather than actually fighting the War. A shame, really; Barricade would have liked it better if she were more Energon-thirsty.

Though, he liked those blades of hers, formed by the jet's wings, the way they could whip out and slice an Autobot in half in seconds. Sleek and sharp, just like her. Barricade's weapons, hand-held Shredder Shotguns and a chain-scythe, were more suited to brute force then Slipstream's precise sharpness.

But what if she was more inclined to fight and kill? Barricade imagined Slipstream standing atop a pile of Autobot corpses, her angular black form drenched in their spilt Energon, her green optics glowing in triumph, and then he imagined that she would come to him and declare how she had destroyed the Autobots to earn his approval and then she would bow to him-

Were he a human, Barricade's body would be undergoing reactions that would make it painfully obvious to anyone nearby that he was musing on someone he liked a lot. But he wasn't, so he simply settled for spinning his alt-mode's wheels in delightful thought.

"Barricade!" Starscream's whine bore into his audio like a Driller, and all good thoughts died in an instant, the familiar and treasured hatred spreading as Barricade glowered in anger. "Make yourself useful and fetch me a cube, you lazy scrap-heap!"

Before he could reply, the very one he had been thinking about spoke:

"Our glorious commander forgot to say please." Slipstream snickered, earning a chuckle from Soundwave, who never missed an opportunity to join in making fun of the egotistical jet. Starscream glared at them, before returning his glare to the car, awaiting an answer.

Barricade replied with a sneer: "I did not realise your legs had experienced a critical malfunction. Are you sure they do not work?"

The jet was getting fractious now; "Obey me, Barricade, or so help me-"

"Don't worry, I'm on it. Anything for our oh-so grand commander." Barricade sneered, pleased to have a reason to get out of this stuffy room. Ignoring Starscream's growl of anger, he instead took in Slipstream's amused giggle and savered it. True, her voice was kinda nice too

Fine, sure, Slipstream had traits he hated. Everyone did. But hey, at least she had her good points, right? Barricade nodded to himself smugly. Plus, he had made her giggle. Maybe she really did like him.

And hey, Earth was a remote planet and the ship's crew generally hung out here when not fighting the Autobots. Not like any other Decepticons would find out if he took her out on a private trip around the place, somewhere nice and sunny that they could sit down and chat and stuff. That would be.... good, he supposed.

But first, important priority; as the humans would define it, he was going to spit in Starscream's drink.

LOL, I just told you readers Barricade's darkest secret. Now he will hate me forever :lol 

2. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Purple optics, eh ? like Megatron, nice reference !

is this a stand alone ?

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Yeah, it's a stand alone. Just so I can pop down the personalities of the Metaverse characters :) 

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I love this story and I love you.

5. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

:thumbs2: