Love my new job!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Dec 18, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I quit Target last week because I got a new job... I make eyeglasses now!

It is an easy job. $7.50/hr ($1.25 more than I made at Target) and the work is easy. the girls outside help the customers (I don't have to deal with them anymore!) and they select the frames and such. They put them in a tray. I (or the other guys) take the tray. Pop out the lenses and put it in a machine that will trace the frames. Type in the job #. It does some work. Take it over to the next machine and print out the order. If they are custom made lenses, then I take them to a machine that puts hot wax on the front with a metal plate. This is for the other machines to hold it. Wait 10 minutes. Take it to another machine which puts the curve in. Then I take it over to another part, find a certain tool which the lens will sit and sand down the lens. After that you take the sandpaper off and put a smooth piece on and stick it on the boffer and it polishes the lens. Then I take it over pop off the wax and wash the lens and then hand it off to the other guys.

It is easy as can be. I love this job. Better pay than Target with about half the work.. Hell maybe 1/4 of the work I did at Target. I love it. And I get 45min for lunch! Had White Castle! Yum.

I'm actually looking forward to going back in on Wed. (get tommorow off). Target can kiss my ass as far as working for them ever again. Slave drivers over there.

No medical. I think I get dental. But I do get 65% off glasses after I've been there three months. So in March I can get some new glasses and some sunglasses for less than what just one would cost me.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Congrats.

I want a job as a condom tester.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

This more of a humorous observation more then anything else.

You change jobs quickly and find new ones just as quick. That's some talent you have Rattrap007 :lol  ;) 

Hope you enjoy your new job though :) 

:lol  :lol  :lol 

Yeah, I bet you do ;) 

4. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well kinda sorta. I never quit a job unless I got another one waiting for me. Like when I was at TRU I got one at Wal-mart so I quit TRU. It had more hours and better pay. Then sadly I had to quit WM because i couldn't change my position because I hadn't been there 90 days and needed a day job so I could go to classes. Got Target.. HATED it there. Hard ass work for piss poor pay. After the first 4 days I started hunting again. Got the job at Eye-Mart and quit Target that night (after working). This job has a better schedule and better pay(and easier work). So basically the reasons are the same both times.

5. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

A lot of companies won't see it as a "talent."

6. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

You should make an educational video on the process.

7. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man you got like 4 kids or something - you need to learn how to use a condom first! ;)  :p  :mail 

Ouch, those are some third degree burns right there.

Also, good work with the new job.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    haha DC, burn.

9. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Nice job finding the.... nice job.... Wish I had a job I could enjoy. Congrats!

10. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Cool, good to here that you enjoy your job.

11. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

If I didn't know how to use them I'd have like 80 kids by now. :D 

Not to mention the women I slept with before my wife... god I'd be fucked on child-support.

12. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

I had the same job but worked for Lenscrafters, lab technician. Real nice job, good pay, only thing that sucked was when customers would complain saying i don't like looking through these glasses.

13. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I got a nice surprise today.. Boss called me in to his little office. Said since I learned the stuff so well and fast on monday I'm getting my pay bumped from $7.50 to $7.75 and hour! Cool.. One day on the job and I get a retroactive pay raise!