Love Bullkhead

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Does anyone like Bulkhead? He is so large, funny and gold hearted that he look cuddly like a huge teddy bear. Think so?

2. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

he is nuts but cool nonetheless

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I luv Bulkhead, and it's pretty obvious the writers do too, given the amount of screen time he gets.

Not bad for one of very few characters in Animated without strong homage ties to previous series.

4. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

Bulkhead is awesome, probably my favorite Autobot from TFA besides Grimlock (so far).

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Bulkhead rocks.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Bulkhead is awesome, he's a strong guy who is frustrated by how clumsy he is and how things end up breaking even when he tries his best not to. We've not had a character like him in Transformers for a while - certainly not as well-written as this anyway.
    I'm also glad that he, as the non-homage character, is getting a lot of screentime. I like the familiar faces, but it's nice to see someone new from time to time.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fun happens whenever he tries to grab/hold something small.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    He'd make a nice big cuddly plush. :) 

9. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    He's great. Some of the best dialogue for the other characters comes from interacting with him.

Bunk-Bed?

Even better: a Mr. Potato-Head. :thumbs2: 

That's probably why the writers love him, he has so much potential. And they can write for him without worrying too much about alienating half the fanbase in the process.

10. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I love him. He's really grown on me and seems to get better every episode.

11. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I've always thought of him as an update, albeit a pretty significant one, of Hound.

12. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    he's neat...at first i didn't care much for him...now i love the lovable oaf

same reason i love snarl....he looks so big you just want to hug the guy...and then get burned to death

13. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    Bulkhead kicks ass!

He was tough to take seriously at first (I know, its just a cartoon), but he has grown on me.

14. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

Am I the only one who's NOT a fan of bulky? Alright, we get it, he's clumsy and a "gentle giant", so are billions of other TV and comic characters.

He seems, to me, to be an example of "The Wesley", a prime example being Urkel or Fonzie.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I love Bulkhead. I like how he wants to be artistic but has trouble mastering the basics and his giantness while holding small stuff adds a lot to his charm. I especially loved his xylophone scenes.:D 

Considering nothing besides the colours links the two characters, I wouldn't bet money on it.

So? I must've missed the world-wide meeting of T.V. watchers where we all decided that being big and clumsy while still being warm-hearted was a bad thing. Nowadays, it's practicaly impossible not to retread on something that's been done before in T.V., the best thing to do is not mess with a good thing.

16. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

The problem is he's being shoved down our throats, when there are plenty of other Autobots. All I'm saying is that Bulkhead has way too many focus episodes for a character who's really a one-trick pony. At least BB, who I believe was intended to be the kid appeal character, has many facets, being a cocky dick, a technophile, a scofflaw and a speedster.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Except Bulkhead isn't being shoved down our throats. It would seem as though there's only one last focus ep on him where he and BB have flashbacks of their stay at Autobot boot camp.

Bumblebee's way more of a one-trick pony if you ask me. He's Hotshot, younger, yellower, and with a higher voice and no abition to lead. He's the little rebel who wants to be the center of attention and so he talks loud and frequently turns into a smartass. Not much else besides "he's the fast guy".

Bulkhead, however, is not just the big lovable guy, he's:

Got an artitistic side.

Has great relationships with the other Autobots except Ratchet.

Is often the most competant fighter when Decepticons show up thanks to his large size.

His backstory with the Dinobots adds another level to his complexity, and now that the cat's out of the bag, well, we'll just have to wait and see how/if that progresses.

I think they chose to elaborate Bulkhead's story over Bumblebee's because Bulkhead has potential to become more than just "clumsy big lovable guy", while Bumblebee may not. Not that Bumblebee isn't entertaining, I do like him, but Bulkhead has more potential. Especially with Leader Bulkhead coming out, if that's any indication of what's to come from him, he obviously makes the decision to switch to the real "big guns".:lol 

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

bulkhead is my second fav character right behind prowl as my number one fav he has a good character and a lot of screentime so yeah hes cool

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, the last two parter of season 2 involves Megs kidnapping him. You know he's an important character if Megs wants him. I love the big guy.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that's what happens when you get a LEADER-CLASS TOY!