Lou Lamoriello is a genius! (NHL related)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DevilzFan, Oct 3, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

The man is a god among men! I <3 Lou. Dumping Malakhov, getting relief on Mogilny. :rock  Also resigned Hale, Martin, Gionta, Rasmussen, and Clemmenson. w00t!

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?ID=179719

2. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Well, that worked out well for him cap wise. but, lets face it, the Devils are not the team they once were, and trading away a first round pick smacks of short term thinking. They haven't got a chance in hell of winning the Cup this year anyhow. Very short sighted.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Not really. The first round pick was the price to pay to sign Gionta, their leading scorer last season. And Alexander Korolyuk was a nice addition to the trade. I don't expect them to win the Cup this season, but I do feel they'll be in the top 10 in the league again. Solid defense with White, Rafalski, Hale, Martin, Lukowich, and once he's back from the IR, Matvachuk. They still have some great offense in Gionta, Gomez, Madden and Parise, and of course, Marty Brodeur still in net.

The team really isn't much different than it has been for the last 3-4 years.

4. northerncrowe

northerncrowe Well-Known Member

The team really isn't much different than it has been for the last 3-4 years.[/QUOTE]

In Lou we trust. I didn't think he could pull it off. Shortsighted is dumping madden and other players to get under the cap. Lou's getting the core together and will build around that.

Now if only White could live up to his potential...