lots on ebay animated Prime and gijoes

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Shokaract, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

2. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    You do realize there's an 83 page topic about heerotoysmaker selling loose Animated Primes for $30.00, right? :inquisiti 

3. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

he has since raised the price, not to mention he's in Honk Kong and I'm in the US so it will take 3 days versus 2 weeks to arrive.

4. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Raised the price? On the contrary, he eventually lowered it. Besides, I wouldn't receive your items any faster than his.

5. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

Its not like I'm trying to rip people off, I'm asking 42 shipped for it. After fees and I ship it out of pocket I'm only going to see like 30 of that. I'm trying to make money to get my car fixed, I don't even really want to sell this stuff but I have to so I can drive my miserable ass back and forth to my crappy job. if you don't have anything constructive to add then why bother posting here.

6. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    Thats all that guy does on here. I'd take it in a heartbeat if I had it right now man, thats a fair price. Even b etter cause its here in the states. Anything I ship even if its overseas usually take a week at the latest, someone should b e so lucky to b uy it and not wait for three weeks like I had to. Good luck man.

7. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. inspection is in march:( 

8. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    I do have something contructive to add (because I kinda feel sorry for your miserable ass :p  ): If you're worried about eBay fees, why not allocate some of the item price to the shipping instead of mailing it for free? eBay doesn't charge a percentage for the shipping cost, which is why heerotoysmaker lists his auctions at only 99c for the toy itself.

9. RodimusMark

RodimusMark Infamous Fighter of Foo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The reason he doesn't do that is because that is making profit on Shipping, and that's against Ebay rules(and just a down right dirty tactic).

and just to help a fellow fan out, I went ahead and bought the figure. Man, wish I was still at VB, I could almost pick it up myself

10. RodimusMark

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Double Post

11. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Uh... no it's not. Overcharging on shipping is against eBay rules, but there's nothing against allotting part of the item price to the shipping cost in order to save some money on eBay fees.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    So let me get this straight.
    Overcharging on shipping = BAD.
    However...
    Overcharging on shipping because you've put some of the toy's supposed value IN the shipping = NOT bad?
    Way to instantly contradict yourself there...

13. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Not at all. By including the shipping cost in the item price, you're only increasing what you owe eBay. It's cheaper and more sensible to list the item price and shipping cost separetely. Really Draven, I shouldn't have to tell you that.

14. RodimusMark

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to mention, without the fees that ebay takes from the selling of items, Ebay wouldn't be able to run. I'm not saying that a few people using tactics like that is going to hurt Ebay, but if everyone did that, Ebay would be screwed. Though I am just as guilty for buying one of Heerotoymakers auctions, so I have no right to say anything. But Animated Starscream makes the guilt just slip away.

15. OptimistPrime

OptimistPrime Certified Optimist

News Credits:
    I'm afraid you are dead wrong. It is against eBay policy to charge excessive shipping in order to circumvent eBay fees. I'll direct you to the Fee Circumvention page here. Then under "Some Examples:"

Unreasonable shipping or handling costs - The seller may add a reasonable shipping and handling fee to the final price of the item, but may not charge excessive shipping and handling fees, excessive required insurance fees, or excessive (or not applicable) taxes in an effort to make the item appear artificially inexpensive, to avoid eBay fees, or for any other purposes. A shipping and handling fee may cover the seller's reasonable costs for mailing, packaging, and handling the item. Shipping and handling fees may not be listed as a percentage of the final sale price. Please see the complete Excessive Shipping and Handling policy for more details.

Note the bold text. Before you go spouting misinformation again, please check your facts.

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I think what Glitcher's trying to say is that it's better to have an auction with a $35 BIN with $7 shipping, instead of a $42 BIN with free shipping. Which is true, ebay fee wise.

17. OptimistPrime

OptimistPrime Certified Optimist

News Credits:
    I would hope so, however, Glitcher gave the example of Heerotoysmaker earlier in the thread, who lists the item for ~$1 and charges the rest to shipping. That is against eBay policy. This made it seem like Glitcher was suggesting that the OP do the same thing. RodimusMark apparently thought so as well. If that is not what you were trying to do, then I apologize, Glitcher.

18. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    well... paypal is owned by Ebay. so ... I guess... even the shipping is so ridiculous high while the item's price is so low... ebay probably thought they would still make $$ on those items instead of banning the auction down.
    So I think as long as the auction is dealt with paypal to bill... ebay was ok with that...

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Not quite sure what you're implying here. Please feel free to clarify.

20. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

wow, got home from work... don't know whats going on in here... anyways, thanks RodimusMark, your animated Prime is on his way!