Lots of kids must be getting TFs for Christmas.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tenebrouser, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I've been through several retail stores over the last two days, and have gone through the TF aisle in each one. Each TF section has been absolutely raided, aside from a few basics. Honestly, I don't expect to see very much of Cybertron in stores after this weekend anymore.

All other toylines seem to have plenty available....with some collecting dust, seemingly (Spider-Man stuff). Maybe the brand is stronger than I thought.

So, is this a commend trend I'm seeing throughout the rest of the country? Are TFs the big action figure toy this Christmas?

Previous Christmases weren't nearly as lopsided as this year's in the toy aisle in these parts.

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, I noticed that within two days, about half a dozen classics primes and megatrons disappeared from the local target. not that that's a huge number, BUT it was only two days and those are some pretty nifty toys. there's definitely gonna be some happy kiddies around here!

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Around here, come Christmastime TF Deluxes literally fly off the shelves. Always a good sight to see for a couple reasons:

1) Kids are still loving Transformers
    2) Room for new stuff after the holidays:D 

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I know my son is!

5. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Ive seen some bare shelves myself. Kids know what toys are out there and see them time to time in the stores and cant walk out with them, but now Santa can hook them up.

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went to TRU today.

NO 2-packs.

There were 6 of em yesterday.

Only Classic there was a single Optimus.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    yeah, a friend of mine told me that TRU had like 7 or 8 of the 2-packs, and then the next day said they were down to 2. This really surprised me cos not even a week ago, most of the people on the board said the 2-packs werent selling at all in their places. I asked a different friend to get me one for Christmas, I hope he succeeds :\

8. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

my little brother wants cybertron wing saber for christmas and my parents can not find it anywhere and they have been to 3 target, 4 toys r us, 7 walmarts, and 1 kb toys

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It's still the perfect toy for clueless parents to grab

"Does billy want a truck or a robot"

"Ah F it, Ill get both" *Grabs a TF*

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The couple stores I've been to have been pretty barren, but at the same time they don't look like they're really restocked much at all this month.

11. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stores around here are pretty much empty Cybertron wise, but there are classics though, which are also moving pretty well.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most stores around here now mostly have the Cybertron recolor basics. Only Wally World seems to have a few Alts in addition. Target seems to be the only stores with any Classics at all, but I did get the first Classic Minicon set at TRU.

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TRU here had very good sales for Transformers. Unfortunately there wasn't nothing I wanted :tongue: , but my friend (his son is a huge TF fan) was ecstatic to find Metroplex and Megs for AU$35 each (normally $98). The kid is going to have a very nice Christmas.

My sons are getting some TFs, too, of course :D 

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think one of the more unfortunate things seems to be that many Cybertron toys featured in the show prominently are not currently available, though their repaints are. I remember being at a TRU and trying to help two different parents figure out which toy combines with what. They were both looking for the toys that combine together (in this case, Optimus Prime + Leobreaker + Wing Saber). Of those, only Wing Saber is around in his original form, versus GF Optimus and Nemesis Breaker being the remaining options, which was confusing to those parents ("This shows it with a red and blue guy, and this one's more black.") At the risk of more old toys shelf-warming, it seems it might be a good idea to have some higher-profile toys back on the shelves for holiday season.

I wish I could've been more help there, but the parents gave more authority to the know-nothing store employee than me, the simple fan who don't work there.

15. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I'm going to have to agree with this. Everywhere I went I walked past the aisle and saw it demolished with nothing but leftover cybertron minicons, a classics starscream and prime or two, and maybe a six inch titanium

16. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

At my local Target last night almost all the cybertron stuff was gone. There were a bunch of classics Mirages and Grimlocks though.

~X

17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahaha! That's a good one! Now I hope these same parents buy the movie line to make the movie a commercial success so we can get more TF toys!

18. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I know plenty of stuff disappeared from my K-Mart recently because of their $7.99 deluxes and 10% TFs sales, but the others have really been hit hard as well. I really do hope it's because Cybertron toys are on more kids' wish lists, but Classics selling out certainly isn't a bad thing either (unless you're a toy whose name starts with J or G, grrr).

19. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I went to Target today. While most of the toy isles looked pretty normal, the transformers section was TOTALLY raided. There was only a Tarantulus and a couple cybertron basics. I was amazed.

20. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, reading all these news give me great optimism that TFs will be a successful for Hasbro...especially Classics! So that we can get MORE Classics! :D