Minor/Repaint: Lots of Classics/Universe WIP's

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by D-Unit, Aug 8, 2008.

1. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are a bunch of things I have been working on, so please share your thoughts. As usualy, most of my stuff is geared towards a g1-cartoon style look. Also, I am getting married and selling pretty much all of my customs, so if any of these interest you PLEASE PM me with an offer and what you want. Anyway, first up is Ironhide and Ratchet. If you remember, I started Ironhide last year, but I think my skills have improved slightly, so I re-did him. Ratchet's head is from Universe Prowl and Ironhide's is fron Astrotrain. It was A REAL BITCH to mod that Prowl head to fit on Tow-line's peg, just to warn you. I sanded down the windshield and painted it blue because it was too much red on Ironhide. For Jazz, I don't have a Botcon Jazz head to use, so I had to use a Robot heroes Jazz head. I don't think it looks too bad. As you can see, Jazz is waiting on some detailing and a second coat of paint. Thundercracker is up next. There is no way in hell me (or a lot of people) can afford that stupid botcon one, so I did my best here. Finally, Megatron is not too different from a lot that we have seen, but this was my effort. Let me know what y'all think, and if you think you can give them good homes, please pm me.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No alt. modes on ratchet and ironide because I am not done painting the van components

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just wanted to add my Dirge and Ramjet pics too, so I don't have to make more than one post. Like with Thundercracker, I can't afford the official Dirge, so this was my attempt at making my own.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Nice job on these, bro! Megatron looks pretty sweet and I'm really digging your Ironhide and Ratchet (the blue chests look pretty cool, though they would still look cool with the clear chests). Jazz turned out pretty nice as well, though the paint looks a bit thick on the chest area (still a very nice job though).

Keep up the great work, man!

5. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

love ironhide and ratchet and t-cracker that blue is awesome

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    All of those have great color schemes. Not the cleanest customs(not that they are bad) but the heads you used are all pretty perfect. Makes me think I might have to get an extra astrotrain head to put on classics ironhide when he comes out. The prowl head works out really nicely. I love the cartoon colors on TC too! Using robot heroes Jazz's head is brilliant, I used one for my G1 movie Jazz but it works for classics waaaay better.

Sorry that you have to sell your customs, it's starting to look like I will be selling a few of mine soon too

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Jazz is nowhere near being done, that's why the paint looks a little sloppy. Ironhide and Ratchet would look better with clear chests, but the red looks bad on Ironhide, there was too much red, so I had to paint it.
    -D

8. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are acutally a little cleaner (paint wise) than they look, I just don't take the best pictures.

9. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

Nice call on the robot heroes head on Jazz!

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    are you going to put flaps on Jazz's shins?

11. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Nice job. But how are Jazzes Knees going to bend?

12. doomtron

doomtron 3p noob

News Credits:
    good stuff:thumbs2:  ok i have officially seen too many cool jazz prowl customs now i have to do it.

13. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    great job man. they all look great.