LOST - Spoilers within.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrGrim, May 9, 2007.

1. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spoilers and stuff....

Anyone else watching this? It was an alright episode, however it didn't completely explain the island like they led on it would. But then they completely ruined it for me at the end when they killed Locke. He was one of my favorites, you bastards!
    It seems like his journey that was building up so well just had a pointless, and very anticlimactic ending.
    Jacob was cool, by the way.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I've officially given up on this show.

Unless the rest of the season blows me away, I'm not bothering with it anymore.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm not so sure Locke is really dead. It was a great episode.

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Locke isn't dead. He heals faster than the other people because of his "communion" or whatever with the island.

5. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm still curious how this is all going to unfold. It was interesting to get a little dharma history tonight. Looking forward to the season finale but Heroes has taken the top spot for me.

6. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Unless I see Locke's cold decaying corpse, I won't believe he's dead.

7. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would actually be surprised if they killed Locke off. Hes too important to be offed that easily.

So Ben has had 2 Wizard of Oz references towards him. Also, with Ben killing his dad off, I found it the same to last week's ep, where Locke had to kill his dad off to join the others. So Ben probably killed he dad to join the hostiles.

And was I the only one that noticed Richard was part of the original hostiles, and hasn't aged? Unless hes some sort of clone.... That scene with Locke, Ben, and Jacob was creepy. I was really hoping Ben wasn't playing mind games, or else that whole scene would of ruined the episode. Now we need a screencap of what that Jacob guy looked like, for the 1/4 of the second he appeared. :lol 

8. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Ask and ye shall receive:

[​IMG]

It's totally Locke.

9. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Yeah I noticed that about Richard as well. He really hasn't aged at all. Of course now I wonder why the "Others" follow Ben as a leader, unless Richard is their real leader...

And no way is Locke dead. I bet Ben is gonna regret leaving him there.

10. Venksta

News Credits:
    Woah, that does look kinda like Locke.

Anyone pick up on that sandy border Locke investigated? A friend pointed out, thats how pirates marked their territories... We already have a pirateship on the island. Could Jacob of been from the Black Rock ship? And maybe the hostiles/others are from it too? Richard hasn't aged at all, since young Ben met him, so it could work.

Ben being leader, maybe Jacob has something to do with this, if Jacob does call the shots.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Lost interrest somewhere in the 2nd season. Was totally hooked on the 1st season.
    Still watch it when it's on, just not into it as much anymore

12. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I recall the writers saying that Jack and Locke would have a show-down, maybe Locke is somehow Jacob? And I'm hoping this doesn't go too far into religion, but in the Bible, Jacob is the original bad twin, stealing his twin brother Esau's birthright. Also in the Bible, Benjamin is the son of Jacob and Rachel, and Rachel dies in childbirth, and with her last breath names the son Ben-oni, or son of my pain. This is an ill-omened name which was changed by his father into Benyamin. So by this logic, Roger=Jacob? That would make Locke Esau? And therefore Jacob and Esau are twin brothers? And Jacob and Esau were the sons of Isaac, which is also the name of the spiritual healer from Australia that was in Rose's flashback. Most of these are just names I know, but still, something to think about.

More than one coincidence here, but man I'm still confused as Hell.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...Gee, thanks.
    Can someone please put the words "GREAT BIG FUCKING SPOILERS" in the thread title? :redface2: 

14. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Added a spoiler warning to the title.
    Would have been nice to have had a little bit more spoiler space, but then my interest in this has almost went to zero.

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Well since there's a thread on it, I might as well chime in. Wow, so much to talk about in this episode. I was going to start with the fact that Richard was on the island before Ben and hasn't aged a day but that's been covered here already.

So I guess the incident that happened on the island was the "purge" of all or most of the dharma people from the "hostiles" who I guess originated on the island. I wonder why though were they all killed? Doesn't it seem like they're both striving for the same goal?

Jacob. That was pretty crazy, in fact I did think Ben was crazy when there was nothing in the room. Then we got that shot of Jacob in the chair. Now I don't know if he's a ghost or somehow has the ability to be invisible but it seems like he doesn't want to be on the island anymore hence asking Locke for help. I have theory that there are plenty others like Jacob on the island, hence all of the whispering we've been hearing throughout the series.

Locke is not dead. He has survived worse and we all know what kind of incredibly healing power the island has.

So lets go back to Juliet and Jack and the rest of them. Do you think Juliet is still scamming them and is she really still with Ben? It could still be a trick to try and "purge" the losties. Like if the losties try to fight the others when they come to take Sun, the others just kill off whomever gets in their way. Hmmm...

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Jacob, the invisible boss, who talks only to Ben.
    So now they're ripping off Carnivale too.
    (except Carnivale was infinitely better)

17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:

Yeah me too. What killed me was the time change.

18. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Actually, Ben has three W of O references on him. His mother's name was Emily which was also the name of Dorothy's aunt. Remember Auntie Em? :) 

19. Venksta

News Credits:
    Hey, good catch! So Ben just needs his ruby slippers, and he can get back to Kansas..err, I mean Portland. :lol 

20. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

There is a rumor that one or more deaths will occur by the end of the season, so I'm not ruling out Locke's death. Besides, I know if I WERE going to kill him off, I'd have been sure to 1) show how he was crippled, and 2) given some closure with his father. Now they have either tied up these threads to kill off Locke (many others have died after making peace with their pasts) or to move him into a new stage. I have no idea which it is.

Ben is almost certainly being truthful with Locke about Jacob. His distress over Jacob talking to Locke was too genuine (and pointless if he's killing Locke). Whether Ben is a deranged schizo or MPD (which could be given his past) or whether there really is an invisible man remains to be seen.

I do think this shows Ben as a straw man. Neither he nor the others really know what the hell is going on with the island (hence their fear of Cerebus), and they have no real connection with Dharma (who may have the answers).

Anyone else wonder if Ben is the one responsible for killing pregnant women on the island? If he is a whacko, it would make sense given his history.

As for Richard, I think they tried to make him look younger with the long hair and ratty clothes, but it didn't play well. So I don't think there's anything intentionally funny about his age.

If I had to guess, it would be that Ben dies by the season's end, and Richard takes command.