Lost my dog for.... How long?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Biotoakid, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    For the weekend I've been out of dog-food for my two dogs, Max and Wolfie, so
    I've just thrown table scraps and thought nothing else. Stupid me. I walked
    out today, Sunday, once I got dog food thinking, "Oh shi-! I forgot to give them water!"
    So I quickly filled there water bowl, but only saw my dog Wolfie come up. I'd
    figured Max, who is about 14 and hard of hearing, just hadn't heard me, so I started
    walking around the yard, looking. I searched everywhere and couldn't find him. After
    getting a neighbor and my parents involved we found him. Our yard is fenced in, so there
    wasn't much ground to cover. I have an old Ford truck in my back
    yard with some tires and fence next to each other. As it turns out, Max
    crawled under the truck, all the way back to the tires, knocked one over, and
    got trapped for two days. Once we got him out his hip had a big bruise. he was
    also dehydrated and disoriented. He's fine now though. I just decided to share
    this scare (That rhymes) with all of you :) 

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Earlier this year, back in February I think it was. My Dad and I were packing the motorhome with our model airplanes to go flying. Our dog bailed out of the house and went running around. He usually came back 15-30 minutes later. But this time, there was no sign of him. We decided to just leave and go to the model field anyway and figured he'd be waiting home for us when we got back.
    Well, when we got back home, there was no dog. We started calling his name and looking for him. After dinner, we were really starting to worry and think we lost our dog. My Dad had thought somebody came by and kidnapped him thinking he'd make a great pet for his family. But we kept looking.
    After a few days we decided to put up fliers all around our neighborhood. Ten days later somebody called the company where we got our dog who in turn called us. Turned out he "dog" must've been tired and hungry and came to a ladies house. The lady bought him in and recognized the tags and called the number. She was only about a mile away from us so our dog didn't go far, maybe only a mile diameter from the house but just some reason didn't come home. Like as if he was near, but not near enough to recognize home.
    We were worried for several nights were below zero. We figured he found some shelter in some open barns and ate cat food. We were so lucky and grateful to have our dog back after ten days of misery. Dad was going to go away on one of his trips alone, but with our dog back, he took the dog with him. :D 
    Needless to say, the dog lost his privilege of roaming around the neighborhood free. Now we just make sure the doors are closed between taking models into the motorhome, or make sure the dog is tied to something if leaving the doors open.
    So yea, it's scary when your not sure where your dog is for a couple of days!

This is also one reason I panic about my cat when I see doors left open! I'm not sure if the cat would've survived those same ten days!

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I had a dog named Max who lived to be 14ish.

Glad you found your goggie.

4. Biotoakid

News Credits:
    Dejavu' or somethin yo

5. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got a small dog who's 8 or 9 or something and he's still ticking.
    We've never had a problem with our dog. He's just really lazy.

6. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

....so you didn't buy your dogs food for a few days? Wow.....anyways, table scraps aren't good for animals so you really shouldn't feed them human food, unless you want to kill them faster....or you could just, you know, not buy your dogs any food all weekend :p 

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    But not really.

8. Biotoakid

News Credits:
    Money was a bit tight. It was only Friday to Sunday, they could take it. We had a bunch of leftovers anyway :)