Lost Light #9 iTunes preview

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by T.F. Allen, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I'm excited for us to finally get back to the Lost Light next issue, and I couldn't help but just flip through this one to get it over with.

I'd looooove for them to get another artist already.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Decepticon

News Credits:
    Aye same feeling. Just got really bored with the storyline and was thinking about stopping my subscription.

Then remembered we're starting the "Getaway gets beaten up by a combiner" arc coming up. Yay!

This better not be boring Roberts or I'll complain about it on the Internet!

• Like Like x 6
  3. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

So who is the sword-wielding guy in Milne's cover? He stated that the cover has been cropped to avoid spoilers but I found none of the scene is in this issue, not even figuratively.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    You can pretty much guarantee getaway will have a cheap way of neutralizing defensor

5. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I was wondering that. At first I thought it might involve Lug(as she was still dead when the cover was revealed. But that isn't the case here at all. Nothing on the cover spoils what's in the issue.

6. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Decepticon

News Credits:
    In fairness it is kinda his schtick.

7. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getaway Vs. One Combiner and Mirage. I can't wait to see the Protectobots reactions to Getaway's mutiny and Mirage's since he always been accused of treason in this Universe. I am betting it will be Mirage to alert Rod and crew where the Lost Light is while Getaway deals with Defensor.

• Like Like x 1
  8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Probably that gun Brainstorm used to defuse the Magnus Armor when he went rogue.

9. SteelWheels

SteelWheels Well-Known Member

Yeah probably. But imagine if he uses Brainstorm's sparkeater gun. Now THAT would be devastatingly fun.

10. sunnyswipe

sunnyswipe autobot

News Credits:
    I just assumed that was Flame? I'll have to take another look

11. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    It seems Overlord could have thought that the Magnificence was under there, considering it's vast wealth of knowledge could have been how they were using it to judge the criminals. I also like the idea that one of the labs was under there. But how could he have known that? That must be why he's still alive, to suss out that plot point.

12. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Well, that's the question. We don't know what Overlord's motives are. Something like the Magnificence or even Scorponok's plans he would have no interest in, given he's first and foremost a sadist.

However he IS the type who's willing to serve someone if they give him license to do whatever he wants. See: how he was willing to work for the Galactic Council because it meant taking out Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gregles

gregles quintesson

I will have to reread the ending to see if it's absolutely stated either way but Do we know for certain who is the grand architect? Shockwave is no longer around but is it definitely sporponok? and what exactly does that title mean? I suspect drifts future vision will eventually tie into all of this

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's either Scorponok or some fruitless double-reverse twist-for-the-sake-of-twist horse hockey (*cough* Roller)

But seriously there's no one else who *could* be the GA that was worth the buildup.

15. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so when is #10 coming out ? and if it is about the lost light when will they finish the magnificence story ?

16. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    This story seems to be the grand finale the series has been building to, but it could be just another big arc before the finale, like Elegant Chaos.

17. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

I finally got around to reading my comics for this week and this was (not at) the top of the pile! Oh, believe me, I've been waiting patiently for the new Lost Light, but once I read it, who knew when I'd get to read more? Loved it. Got really sad. Pined over my Skids figure a bit, and then I went to find someone to sell my grief to. Anyone looking to buy a Skids? I don't really care for him anymore. Just kidding.

Oh my, that tore me up a bit, even more so than when Tailgate gave back Cyclonus' innermost energon or Rewind died. A loved one dies, tragic, a loved one rejects you, devastating, but to witness from the outside someone forgetting that they ever loved someone at all, damn you James Roberts for making me feel for cold unfeeling robots!

The plot with Anode was okay. She's not really my favorite character. I liked her at first but now find her kind of forced on us. I'm interested to see what becomes of the Infinite. I suspect Skids brain to come back into play big time. As much as I want him to come back, I'm glad Roberts didn't again have one of his mains cheat death like Rewind and Tailgate. It was becoming a trope.

Also, I was more than a little surprised with the ending. Way to bring back a very old Hot Rod story back in such a big way. Kudos.

• Like Like x 3
  18. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Yea, like... Scorponok is a great answer, with dramatic weight and MtMtE ties (he almost certainly tortured Grimlock and thus ties into the Scavengers plot). And he just showed up bossing around people in the Grand Architect's organization.

Unless it's, I dunno, Unicron or Devil Z, a cosmic menace (which I've seen no hints of), he's one of the heavy hitters in the war (name dropped in Megatron's trial no less!) and a major player in relatively recent events. He's the big bad.

• Like Like x 1
  19. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

While I have not read the book, I'm impressed at the Scorponok reveal. As discussed, Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, and Grimlock all have quite a bit of backstory with him. Fortress Maximus (although no longer present) is his toy-based opposite.

I'm half expecting now that the reason we haven't seen Sixshot in so long is that he's also somehow tied up in this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Good luck with that. I tried that once, didn't work.

• Like Like x 1