Lost Light #9 iTunes preview

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by T.F. Allen, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

Quite liked this one. It gave a satisfying enough conclusion to one of the final plot-points from MTMTE (Skids' death) and how it affected the relationship between Nautica and Velocity in a logical way, this most likely will come back to bite them once again but so far, it seems like an appropriate ending. Several sub-plots being progressed as usual and I'm glad as hell to see Scorponok back.

Tramontano's artwork was pleasent surprise for me here. Not a fan of her work but she was pretty fitting for this little story.

2. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

So, the symbols that the "Grand Architect" henchmen wear are the same ones Skids saw when he went through Tyrests Space Bridge.

I'm not clear how those are related to the vision (or whatever it was) he saw.

3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who thinks we will see skids back as one of the infinites? There's a reason his brain was left behind, it'll come back into play

• Like Like x 3
  4. Incendor

Incendor It's worse than you thought

this issue felt really shitty for some reason, i'm honestly expected more- it's just like 'whoa, some new guys showed up who have only been brought in so the storyline can be dragged out longer'

if bringing skids back was cheap, this issue felt even cheaper. not sure if it was a combination of the art, or the poor storyline tbh

what bothers me the most is that since nautica's feelings for skids has been wiped out there's now basically no chance he's ever gonna be coming back in any form; just looks like to me as a shitty way to end his involvement in the continuity.

been a mtmte/ll reader for a couple of years now and shit has never been as unreadable as it is now.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Skids will be back. Mengel/flame/scorponok have his brain, they have the magnificence and even scorponok validated the claim that it could bring the dead back.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Incendor

Incendor It's worse than you thought

either way, the issue just felt shitty tbh, the whole post- death of the djd stuff just feels like a waste of time to me

7. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

I thought it was fairly good.

I know we throw the phrase "A return to form" and all that, but this felt a lot more like one of the season 1 one-off stories.

• Like Like x 2
  8. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    I found the art to be really busy in this issue, and not in a good way

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I think people are thinking that I'm suggesting the Magnificence is under Garrus 9.

That's not the case given we know Rodimus had stashed it elsewhere and Tarantulas built the thing.

I'm referring to how all of Scorponok's labs have been hidden in other installations. And how Overlord CONVENIENTLY turned up just as Garry's 9 was about to be overrun by Megatron's forces (who might destroy or uncover what was in there), and wanted whatever was under there bad enough to use Fort Max as a brute force lockpick.

(Him waiting for Megatron is a misdirect given when he attacked the prison he didn't advertise his presence AND had the Achilles virus still. Shockwave being locked up there and able to undo it was a happy accident.)

I'm of two minds - either what was under there was a lab of Scorponok's (meaning he had collaborators in the G9 staff, explaining how he got out with Flame) or that Prowl had stashed OTHER things Tarantulas was working on down there. Like, say, information that could be used to create artificial Cybertronian life. We do know that Tarantulas built Aequitas BEFORE Garrus-9 was built to house it, after all.

Also of note, a prison with lots of expendable inmates is a great place to do unethical science.

• Like Like x 4
  10. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Minor note, I feel Nautica has leveled up her violence skills. She's not a super-badass, but she's very level headed and casual in a fight now and the type that someone like Velocity should get behind when things hit the fan.

A sign of how she's changed due to the company she's kept.

What makes you think Tarantulas built it?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Kafuka Fuura

Kafuka Fuura Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Skids is an Outlier with the super-learning ability which can allow one to master any skill. I guess, maybe his brain (or the reverse-engineered spark) could be really useful for Scorponok's plan to create the ultimate transformer.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It would be nice if the Doctor Who Avatar turned out to be more than mere SF Nerd Easter Egg.

• Like Like x 2
  13. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Maybe Skid's brain with its super learning ability will through timey whimey stuff become The Magnificence.

Before anyone tells me how wrong I am please note that my tongue is currently lodged in my cheek. Although I once also joked that Roller would turn up for Tarn's unmasking saying "what's up guys".

• Like Like x 12
  14. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am not big fan of Nautica in this issue. I do like the fact she lost all her feelings towards Skids by using the Magnificence or the Cradle and it will cost her more in the future. I do like Velocity and her role in this to be honest and in truth she is not a great doctor and Nautica bringing that is low. I think Velocity will be confronted with the fact giving Nightbeat and others meds to deal with the grief is not smart move on her part.

As for Anode I am liking her and the fact the Grand Architect is killing the black smiths and somehow it will become important. I am mixed how I felt about the issue.

15. gregles

gregles quintesson

Nice surprise ending with plenty of interesting character moments and sinister goings on but the art was really hard to follow and really distracting. Flames design seemed like the biggest casualty of the art as his cameo in LSOTW suggested his design was a really positive update of his G1 comic appearance but he looked bland and generic in this.

16. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

I mean...probably.

• Like Like x 2
  17. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It does kinda look like a brain module...

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With all of the Mask, Rom and Revolutionaries stuff taking over what should be TF lore, I honestly can't argue with you except that LL is the only IDW book that I'm still hanging on to since it strays from that most of that Hasbro-verse propaganda.

19. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:

20. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Let it go, Daniel.