Lost Light #7

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by AnomusPrime, Jun 28, 2017.

1. AnomusPrime

AnomusPrime Very sane, not crazy at all

I can't believe no one has posted a discussion yet... well my first reaction after finishing this issue is this: What the fuck??? JRo?? I didn't like Tailgate much but even I was horrified... Jeez what why! I hope things turn out fine...

Aside from that, I love Magnus' outburst. Also that manipulative side of Rodimus comes out pretty intense. Solid issue.

• Like Like x 7
  2. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Really enjoyed this issue. A step in the right direction, with some nice character work and a sting in the tail

• Like Like x 7
  3. NexusPrime

NexusPrime The finder of Gears

This issue was an amazing read, the whole concept of Ultra Magnus and his character was fun and glad it was wrapped up nicely. DAT Ending though oh it was a lovely chill and shock to read. I haven't felt like that since I was recently listening to the Limetown podcast so good.

Also the fact that our lost lighters are in a ship with a big Decepticon logo it might be abit troublesome when going to planets.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Is it wrong that I kinda love this issue? I mean, the ending is horrific in all the good ways, but I was pleasantly surprised by TG and Cyclonus' talk. It was handled well. You could tell TG was trying to push Cyclonus away, but he wasn't wrong when he said they weren't good together.

Although it was clear that tbey cared about each other threre was always some thing that stopped them from becoming a couple, some excuse or drama that kept them from making that final commitment. So much of that was self-inflicted because TG was too emotionally immature, and Cyclonus so emotionally constipated, that neither character talked about their relationship until it was too late. Even when TG was unknowingly beating him close to death, Cyclonus didn't say anything?! It was getting frustrating to read.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    I rather enjoyed this issue. Hopefully it's a sign of a return to form. The character beats felt right and Dat Ending!! Wow!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Kafuka Fuura

Kafuka Fuura Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Solid issue. Enjoyed the interactions between the characters and I am very glad that UM got back to his "old self".

• Like Like x 3
  7. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    That was more like it. A nice, tight, focused issues that did two things and did them fairly well.
    The Magnus stuff made me wince a little. Hard not to read it as sacrificing some character development for a cheap joke. It just seemed like such a glib, done-in-one sort of situation. I'm not sure what greater narrative function this serves or if I even want the old, more uptight Magnus back. It all seems very regressive to me. We'll see. I'm holding out on faith that it actually means something and will have some worthwhile payoff through the series, but my gut says UGH!
    But the Cyclonus and Tailgate stuff was great! Great twist ending.! While I was reading it I was sure that Kaput was going to be dodgy as shit. Everything he was saying and doing just made me furrow my brow. None of us really know this character and I'm not that easily inclined to trust him, especially when the things he suggests seem so extreme. And Roberts created characters are rarely what they seem! So I was all ready for him to have some other agenda. And then comes Fangry!so that really, really made the twist work. What a last page! Also, nice to see the relationship between Cyclonus and Whirl deepen. There can really be no doubt at all that Whirl truly cares for the guy.
    I'm not a Jack Lawrence basher by any stretch, but this issue would really have benefited form someone that did a more subtle range of facial expression. I'm particularly thinking of Fangry!

• Like Like x 5
  8. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    That twist ending, Roberts certainly didn't give much of an indicator that that was coming.

We went in thinking we would loose Ultra Magnus, and instead we've
    lost Tailgate
    ... and no one might ever know what's happened to him...

With that, maybe this is a sign of return to form, with Megatron gone, the spotlight will no longer be focused on him, and now the original cast can get some focus back.

And I don't like how everyone thinks that Megatron betrayed them. Whatever Roller was told by Terminus, I hope he doesn't keep it under wraps for long.

And Whirl, him and Cyclonus have come such a long way. But I'd prefer it that they'd stay friends.

Well, Lost Light now truly starts, and if that twist ending is any indication, it's a sign of good things to come. :) 

Also, Fuck Fangry. Fuck him.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    O_O

edit:
    I also learned something. I always thought "joined at the hip" was referring to sex buddies. But I have been misinformed. I looked it up.
    Urban Dictionary: joined at the hip

• Like Like x 6
  10. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    as in conjoined!

• Like Like x 3
  11. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron Big ol' Nightbeat fanboy

That misconception amuses me way more than it should. :p  :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  12. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Active Member

When I was a kid, loads of people used to say that me and my sister were "joined at the hip". I never knew we were doing the incest.

• Like Like x 5
  13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Why is Tailgate so stupid?! He's the worst decision maker ever :lol . And poor Mags and Roddy, they think Megs betrayed them.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    'Once you're locked in and the timer's set, that's it: You're there for the duration. The process can't be cut short.'

Six million years. Back to the start eh, Tailgate? Buried, irradiated, alone. Fuck me that's nasty. Brilliant but nasty. And nobody knows but Fangry.

• Like Like x 9
  15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I hope he can use his strength to get out and maybe embrace it or learn to control it. I hope he doesn't die, it would make Cyclonus sad.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Like he isn't sad enough already.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The indication that time is passing over his tomb suggests otherwise. And while I don't like it in the slightest, I'm not supposed to. It's horrific and it came out of nowhere. And I want it to be final. No cop out, please.

• Like Like x 6
  18. JackDragon

JackDragon Member

Twitter:
    This issue was hella impressive, i thought that Tailgate was mostly being genuine in what he was saying, and part of me was proud of his chracter growth the other part knew it had to do with what Whirl told him. So I knew he was trying to protect Cyclonus and give himself time.

But then Roberts pulled such a gut punched that I literally lost my appetite for my breakfast holy FUCKING shit omg

Magnus was great and seeing this was great

Also people in and out of comic seem to underestimate Rodimus alot that they don't realize he know more about people than he lets on it was great to see his intelligence shine through again

• Like Like x 7
  19. gregles

gregles quintesson

That was a very nasty ending and Roberts should be proud/ashamed of himself. About halfway through I got worried that this would be another mundane issue about the characters relationships but the ending sure rectified my worries.

I thought skids death was cruel as he died just to give everyone a temporary boost and also died ravaged by traumatic guilt and shame but tailgates demise seems to even surpass that as he is going to have to suffer for a very long time with no hope or company before he dies and no-one will even know to mourn him.

Is this the absolute ending for him? It seems pretty likely. The only situations I could think of how this could be faked out is if Fangry took the opinion of Bane from dark knight rises in that there can be no true hell without hope and he returns to sprinkle in some extra cruel fake hope only to be noticed or if cyclonus was to return for him soon with maybe the aid of someone like nightbeat but they both seem pretty unlikely.

I kind of hope this is not faked out and we are done with fake outs in general for a long time as when these stories don't have at least some sense of danger in them they tend to get bogged down by mundane and slightly irritating to read relationship issues.

Don't get me wrong I love how much relatability and depth to the characters the relationships bring but we just need some more sadistic counterpoint to mess with our heads from time to time to keep us guessing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Only real thing that bothers me is that "personality lock" or whatever it was called. Not in principle, but due to a possible inconsistency.

Back in the holiday issue, that mass of scraplets was able to use the Magnus Armor without any issue. Maybe it has to do with their "personality", maybe someone else was writing that issue and I forgot, maybe it isn't even technically canon. It's not really even that important, I guess. But it bothers me a bit.

• Like Like x 1