Lost Light #6 discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by RNSrobot, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I just found out on the Wiki that Glitch was among the guys of Anti-Vocationist League in the functionist universe. Would probably have been a nice easter egg if anyone here would remember who the fuck Glitch was and how he looked like. Makes me still mad that Tarn was just a joke basically. "Look, this guy from 7 years ago who appeared in the background and no one ever speaks of is THE BIG REVEAL of how I met your... uh.. Tarn". To think we invested and wasted time in this speculation. Even weirder that on reddit someone even knew that Tarn was gonna be Glitch. I could rather belief someone invented time-travel to troll us, than someone actually finding out that Glitch is Tarn. Maybe if that guy has an eidetic memory.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Sigh.

The one clue that frustrates me most about it was Megs going on about how he turned somebody "to hurt prime badly."

It's not just that all the hints pointed so obviously to roller; it's that it doesn't play fair. Here's glitch, in a couple panels, never given any characterization or relationships. It's not in the text. Calling it subtext is a reach.

"The morale is that the djd are actually that unimportant." I can buy that. I really can. But it's clumsily executed. Don't build up a mystery for years on end, giving almost no real clues, for a solution that ends up being lousy on every level. It doesn't play fair and what's for, seems to be deliberately playing UNfair with how many "roller is tarn" seeds are planted.

Sigh.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    This. I mean we discussed this to death, but when I came across this on the wiki, everything came up again. If there's a mystery I would like the fair chance to figure it out by myself and not this nonsense. I feel like Nightbeat, when all the mysteries were solved without me taking part in it being solved. And Glitch doesn't even look anything like tarn. He doesn't even have a face. Why does he get a face, when it's hidden anyway?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Omnondippy

Omnondippy Well-Known Member

Like many others have said before, I believe it was originally intended to be that Roller was Tarn, but Roberts always loves a surprise, and as soon as people started speculating, he turned on his plans and changed Tarn's original form into Glitch. I was so pissed when Tarn was Glitch as we have no connection to him what so ever and neither do any of the other characters. It would of work so much better with Roller and I would of loved it so much.

The one thing against this theory is that Roller has been in a somewhat main role in the new lost light comics. Butttttt....... he doesn't have many interactions with the characters at all and doesn't change the story or other characters. He also doesn't effect any characters emotionally.

• Like Like x 4
  5. RNSrobot

Roller has barely been more than a cameo in lost light. I'd hoped that, at least, we would get a ton of stuff to justify the shitty reveal. I mean, we got one panel of ratchet being happy. And you nail it. No connection to glitch. If the identity of Tarn is not PRESENTED as a mystery, then fine. Go for it. But it wasn't and it sucks.

But, hey. We haven't gotten anything good from roller, but we do spend 1/3 page count on anode!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. RNSrobot

.. Jesus. Roller even works in anodes role as "new reader viewpoint." He's been AWOL for millions of years. He's just as lost, but has at least a tenuous connection to the mtmte cast.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    It was a poorly conceived reveal. It just was.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    But... dude, you have to understand the reasons for Anode. She's the main character because the people behind the scenes want to pat themselves on the back for how 'forward thinking' they are. Making Roller the main guy isn't going to have the same 'impact' that anode is having.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RNSrobot

It frustrates me that ethically I am so with James ... But that doesn't make anode a good character. Frankly, how he handled her coming out as trans is the best thing the character has done. Everything else is a dumpster fire.

You know what kills me. How evangelical I had become about mtmte. Trying to get people to read it, to see past "good for a transformer book" to "a good comic, full stop." Then comes the unnecessary relaunch, and then the relaunch sucks. It's... Maddening.

• Like Like x 3
  10. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Hey, I was there with you. I was asking for another drink of that special kool-aid.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RNSrobot

BECAUSE IT WAS THAT SPECIAL.

I still need to drop off the first four trades to a friend. The urgency is gone tho.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    The first 20 issues are THE BEST Transformers fiction. Ever. The rest? Meh.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    While I like Anode, I agree that Roller could have perfectly fit that role. And maybe have him reconnect with Prime...

• Like Like x 1
  14. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I love the idea behind Anode - she is a COOL character conceptually. The execution has been god awful.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RNSrobot

"Indiana Jones AND a transformer?" This should be a solid gold record, babies.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Tarn helmet and powers are based on Glitch... It had to be planned beforehand. But for anyone to care, Glitch should've been used more often in pre-war stories instead of just being a plot device for one story arc.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Meddysong

Meddysong Member

Twitter:
    Milne posted here at the time of the reveal saying that Tarn was always Glitch. Roberts later said the same thing in a podcast.

• Like Like x 2
  18. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Whilst I could never get behind Tarn being Roller, and had no trouble remembering Demus/Glitch but i honestly didn't think about him as a possibility even. I liked it however, but the only thing that doesnt make sense is the deal with his face -we have to assume a few things for it to work.

Anode I think I would like a bit better if she was more grumpy and not so manically enthusiastic ALL the time - definately like her prankwar with Swerve.

After a bit of a false start, and change to a new artist Lost Light seems to have found its feet..

19. Androzani84

Androzani84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If an empurata victim can replace their hands (as was shown with Shockwave) then replacing their head isn’t that far of a stretch.

20. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    That's not the point.