Lost Light #12- Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Dec 26, 2017.

1. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Don't remind me how many pages have been wasted on Anode. :/

• Like Like x 3
  2. Grimlock528

Grimlock528 Well-Known Member

Maybe Anode kills Unicron?
    Tee hee.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Ah see y'all

With her quick wit and charm no less.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    And my faith in IDW.

• Like Like x 5
  5. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Flint & Cosmos FOR LIFE

6. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The interesting bit here to me is that the initial mutiny *did* take place without any Sunder brainwashing or nudge gunning, which means that Sunder notwithstanding the crew *did* choose to mutiny of their own free will. The implication was that Getaway got Sunder involved once the crew found out about the DJD and Getaway's initial nudge gunning on the "original" crew to help make his leadership more palatable.

Of course, given the way things typically go in MTMTE *and* the fact that we're now racing towards a conclusion, I wouldn't expect this to be followed up in any great detail. The only thing making me consider otherwise is that Thunderclash *agreed* to the mutiny and now he's escaped, presumably to join up with Rodimus and crew. That means that either:
    * we'll get something about this when Thunderclash meets up with the rest of the crew
    * more likely, First Aid and Riptide show up by themselves and we're told that Thunderclash suddenly died the day after they left ;) 

[P.S. Is "Anode"'s similarity to the word "annoyed" intentional?]

• Like Like x 2
  7. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Ah see y'all

Well, she is supposed to be that "scrappy and quirky yet lovable scamp" character that Roberts is so fond of.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

We should just stick all the fembots--Arcee, Blackarachnia included--on Camien or wherever and have Unicron eat it. It'd still be a better fate than the reception they get from fans.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Till All Are One and the first Windblade mini seemed pretty well received on this forum. The v2 stuff wasn't as much, but that's because it was half Combiner Wars and half rushed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Yeah, and even then I bet some amazing mental gymnastics would be needed to make it believable. Call it handwavey if you want but the truth is, while the crew were on board for a bloodless coup, none or very few would fully support Getaway without the use of brain washing.

• Like Like x 4
  11. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Not really. You see most of them agree to the idea to removing Megatron from the ship. That's not the same as wanting what Getaway wanted (do note that Getaway asked that as his main question, not removing Rodimus, et al from the ship so he could control it 'uncontested'; ref. Hound getting passed over for command for no reason).

• Like Like x 1
  12. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Roberts is terrorizing us, the innocent readers, with an ethical dilemma where if we reject Rodimus we implicitly side with Getaway. And then he says, look how terrible Getaway is, he's a liar, a seducer, a brainwasher, a murderer: when threatened with this, won't you do the reasonable thing?

The correct response is to not waver in the face of Roberts's threats. I choose the unreasonable thing. I demand a better world. I can forgive Getaway. Rodimus is not my ally.

edit: Well I mean, it's not really Roberts doing it, it's just the book.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  13. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Here's a thought- it'd be funny if Getaway justified himself at some point (to others or just himself) by pointing out Starscream rules Cybertron, if he's Prime even if he's not perfect/offends some people at least he's a lot better than someone like that, and thus coming back with Cyberutopia and being new Prime saves everyone there too.

Not realizing how good a job Starscream's done (having not visited home since Dark Cybertron), how Starscream changed, or that 'Screamer's out before he can even get home.

• Like Like x 4
  14. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Vast majority of the population will be loathe to admit it. Starscream for all his faults does care about the people.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Overall thoughts on The whole trilogy.

Good but at the same still a bit of a let down.

Good:

Getaway, good lord what a bastard. Even though he well gets away with it all for now, I expect the inevitable karma kicking him in the ass, cause if any character in IDW deserves it right now it's him. I like that everybody was already second guessing the mutiny the moment they achieved it.

I know people don't like that Sunder and Froid were brought back and are the reason Getaway is still in charge but I liked it if only because it makes their appearances in 48 & 49 matter more in the grand scheme of things.

It was great seeing Riptide actually get to do something finally. Shame he's legit canonically stupid and not just a dense boy. Still his characterization in this arc make up for being shafted in favour for Nautica all of Season 2.

Props for Thunderclash for actually wanting to rescue Rodimus and co. even if that never happened.

No Anode for 3 issues in a row.

Bad:

Defensor jobbing, I mean come on Roberts. I get that Defensor can just kill Getaway because that'd end the story here and now but at least let him put him a real fight and almost beat him. Star Saber's cheapshotting was anti-climatic.

The obvious deaths of characters who could've done more. Rook's dead, goddammit Roberts I wanted to see him with some characterization. He always came off as if Judge Dredd, Heavy Weapons Guy AND Colossus were fused together with me. A strong fearsome warrior whose rather jovial and friendly to friends but deadly to his enemies.

Atomizer dying just as he began to realize Getaway was a real monster but I get his death had to happen, Problem is that the mutiny was clearly his idea from the get-go, I would've loved to tackle the fact that Getaway legit hi-jacked what was suppose to be a more noble cause, I would've liked it if Atomizer and Rodimus had a moment later on, Atomizer always had that personal grudge towards Rodimus and it would've helped make things come full circle if they talked things out.

Mirage is dead, *sigh* at least he was the MVP of #10.

The other Protectobots are probably still alive but who knows. Only later on will we have this confirmed.

The Scavangers interlude, I love these guys but this really needed to be cut so we could've done more with the issue you already had going on.

lack of perspective on the mutineers themselves. Should've been called The Getaway Trilogy really.

Other:

So does this confirm that Getaway was always a mole for Tyrest, since he has no problems with working with Star Saber. How is the rest of the crew gonna react to the One Robot Spanish Inquisition working with them now.

Who was running Mirage's bar while he was gone?

Still the best work Roberts has done in all of 2017 but could still be so much better.

• Like Like x 2
  16. justiceg

News Credits:
    Having thought about this a bit since, the story (and the LL/MTMTE series as a whole) definitely portrays the majority of the crew as weak-willed dudes who would simply follow whoever shouts the loudest.

Getaway doesn’t propose making himself captain directly when he's soliciting people, at least that we know of. However, he *does* propose removing Rodimus if need be to Mainframe, to which Mainframe not only agrees but acts on when push comes to shove.

If we assume that Mainframes conversation is the example, then yes, most of the crew was prepared to get rid of Rodimus too. In fact this is backed up by Jackpot sabotaging the Rodpod so that they can’t return, the crew that assembled on the bridge w Getaway, and Hounds reply to Thunderclash implying that the only part he didn’t know about was the nudge gun. “Did you know about this?” “no. The nudge gun??’ No.”

Everyone remaining on the LL just accepts - despite this presumably being a military outfit - Getaway as leader despite there being no in story reason to do so. *However*, this same group previously accepted their greatest enemy and the murderer of many of their friends as their co-captain and (story-wise) did very little about it other than whine passive aggressively and then wait for a more “alpha” character to come along.

It likely then stands to reason most of them followed Rodimus onto the LL for similar reasons and had similar issues over time.

If anything, Getaway using Sunder shows he understands how easily swayed this crew is by any distraction or anyone with an ounce of charisma (how they swoon at Thunderclash, for example, instead of acting like soldiers, even ex-soldiers).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    So Roberts said on Twitter that all the Protectobots that we saw shot were non fatal ones?

They’re still alive?

• Like Like x 1
  18. justiceg

News Credits:
    Including Rook? That’s one hell of a fake out...

19. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t be so sure about Rook. But everyone else seems reasonable.

20. SteelWheels

SteelWheels Well-Known Member

No Rook was confirmed dead.