Lost Light #12- Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by rlmiddleton, Dec 26, 2017.

1. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

The brainwashing aspect is disappointing because of this. There was a lot of interesting ways to go into the actions of whom we know to be good bots. Perceptor, blaster, etc etc. But in their minds they're still on the up and up and they aren't complicit in getaways increasingly nefarious crimes. It's a bit of a handwave and a missed opportunity. Ah well. For me I was excited by the last two issues, best in ages (I stopped buying after the opening arc, following on the wiki). I was almost ready to jump back on ... If James stuck the landing. oh well! Other things to read. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getaway & company did a bunch of shady spy stuff while organizing a mutiny. The original implication was, once he went public the majority of the crew were behind him. But now we see he never went public.

I don't think this works as ~~~timely political commentary~~~, because all the people doing things I don't like? They all go on Twitter and openly brag about it. Everybody knows everybody is full of crap, but people back their teams anyway. They aren't really deceived, they just accept permission to ignore reality.

• Like Like x 3
  3. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Swoopatron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This is extremely eloquent and consequently very depressing.

4. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I don't think it Brainwashing and memories had been altered. Blaster is ignoring what is going on and he at the point being complicit with everything in pursuit of an idea of what should be. It is no different from Soundwave when the reality of what the Decepticons became. Soundwave ignored that the Decepticons became as corrupt as the Senate and just as bad what they were fighting against. Most the bridge crew live lives apart from the main crew. I doubt the two groups have much interactions with each other. Neither Blaster and Perceptor were there for the slaughter and for that fact neither is Hound. Most of the crew live in fear and even they know something is wrong but they don't know what though.

Getaway is in weak position his allies he has are situational at best. Sunder, if Getaway did not get life cords he wants there is less likely memory alteration he needs to keep crew from discovering the truth.

Froid is only there for Sunder.

Star Saber just wants revenge on Cyclonus and cares nothing about power structure and most likely skewer Getaway than help him. Getaway is the best bet for Cyclonus to show up when Rod crew reclaims Lost Light.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

Having read some of my back issues in light of the trilogy...remember how Chromedome said that he found "Getaway" buried in Skids' head? Maybe there was a bit more trauma involved there than we originally thought....perhaps he got shot with the nudge gun more than once, if you catch my meaning?

6. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

Wasn't it established that they've been using the nudge-gun AND having Froid/Sunder alter memories? Getaway wanted Froid to have Sunder alter the memories of the big brou-ha-ha in this part, but the cost has gone... up.

So you're right, it is probably a combination. But it's still involves nudge-gunning and memory-altering. =\

• Like Like x 1
  7. WilyMech

News Credits:

Sunder is a super nudge gun and can do to multiple people at once. Nudge Gun is good for one on one conversations that why they had the alcove in Swerves. Keeping the bridge crew isolated Getaway does not need to use the nudge gun or Sunder.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh hey, I forgot there was a new LL last week! Let me go read it!

*comes back*

Good god! Good thing I didn’t drag all of the Protectobots off of the CW display downstairs to put on the LL display in my living room! Eesh! I thought it was a great issue, but man was it a downer... it kinda made the previous issue look like a happy ending. Poor Rook.. he was killed while in his loop and never knew what happened..

• Like Like x 6
  9. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Here's a question, did Atomizer have his own nudge gun? And what could he have shot into Star Saber? Could this be the start of Star Saber's redemption, and at the same time Getaway's fall? Maybe Atomizer either shot a thought activating Star Saber's morals, or maybe his own memories into him and that will start influencing him, and turning him from a stone cold murderer into a bot that wants to make up for the evil he did.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WilyMech

News Credits:

I believe the Gun is Getaway and the Captain allow Atomizer used it. As for Star Saber I think the memory alter done was to forget about First Aid, Riptide, and Thunderclash long enough to allow them to escaape.

• Like Like x 1
  11. noblekale

Ebay:
    Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly when Atomizer grabbed Getaway's nudge gun, so I thought maybe he had his own by now, being Getaway's first officer and all. And I still think there's going to be fallout with Star Saber.

12. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Atomizer is dead and by Getaway's hand. Star Saber fall out is that his ship is stolen and he probably don't know who stole much less remembers the three who took it.

13. noblekale

Ebay:
    Of course, that's also if the time warp mentioned before doesn't come into play for some reason.

14. WilyMech

News Credits:
    It will be massive fake out

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    which is expected from Roberts by now, right? Nudge guns, memory loops and time travel... The escape scene shouldn't be taken at face value and it has yet to be concluded properly. That's what I think.

16. WilyMech

News Credits:
    Um waiting for the next issue to see if they actually escaped. The only way I can conclude they got away (no pun intended) from Getaway is when they meet up Rod Crew. I am not counting Mirage to stay dead either.

17. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I felt that the art, action direction (assumptive), and pacing made everything that should have had some gravitas fall flat in this issue.

Sometimes the purpose of our heroes being easily dispatched is used as commentary on the unpredictable, and often demoralizing reality of true war... but if that was the intention here, it was very poorly realized because the art and pacing failed to set any kind of poignant tone leading into, or following the most memorable events.

And once again, IMO this flat 2nd act turn in the arc followed a really engaging setup. It boggles the mind that this book fails to stick so many landings after such grand takeoffs... Buti guess we shouldn't be surprised at this point.

The issue was so headscratch-inducing at some points that I assumed it must be another memory loop, or some other similar alternate reality playing out. I guess the next issue could retcon these events to make more sense tonally, but I'm not counting on it. One of the worst LL issues so far, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

I agree, though flipside I also think about how much story space would be needed to sell us on selling all of them on the situation.

19. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If people only like Getaway because they've been brainwashed then why do I like Getaway?

20. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

That would require, y'know... Page count and writing.

The page count being in a seriously short supply here, imagine that extremely important subjects like personality ticks, Swearth, Anode or Nautica's feeeelings had to be sacrificed for this! Oh the horror!

• Like Like x 4