Lost Light #10 tentatively titled "The Mutineers"

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by User_93049, May 6, 2017.

1. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Be cool if the Scavengers saved them.

Oh and I really hope someone kills Tailgate!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tailgreat

Tailgreat Active Member

Bruh.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Not sure what bruh means...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Shingo No-Prize

Tailgate's purpose was served over twenty issues ago. They could just have him and Cyclonus go bye bye now.
    They don't have to kill them, they could just simply leave the Lost Light and go beyond the reach of any Transformers series for a while.

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Are you crazy?!?

Tailgate, sure! Cyclonus? NO!

He's still one of my favorite characters whether G1 or Lost Light. I don't like the relationship between him and tailgate though, Chromedome and Rewind's love story is enough.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Tailgreat

Tailgreat Active Member

Tailgate and Cyclonus is so much better than Chromedome and Rewind. They're actual characters who grow and develop, not an automatically perfect romance that defies time and space to work.

7. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    I don't care for Tailgate these days whereas many people are starting to flat out hate him and I can't really argue with them.

Plus "Romance" and Cyclonus will never go together for me so I simply try my best to ignore it as opposed to dropping the book like many are sadly starting to do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tailgreat

Tailgreat Active Member

how could you hate tailgate he is literally a precious tiny baby

It's difficult for me to come at this from the perspective of longtime TF fans since before MTMTE my only real sustained exposure to the franchise was Beast Wars. IDW Cyclonus is my Cyclonus, love for Tailgate included (who from what tfwiki tells me was an SJW for appliances in G1 fiction).

9. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Then I'd respect the situation more if Cyclonus played the Father or big brother role as to being a pedaphile by your logic.

As for G1 origins... Cyclonus was to the Decepticons what Ultra Magnus was to the Autobots. Which was more useful considering that G1 Galvatron was a Raving Psychopath.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

I really don't see the current Cyclonus as that far removed from previous incarnations. His g1 personal was not exactly rich with depth, but his primary characteristic was deep loyalty to Galvatron. To take that general idea and transform it into a deep loyalty to Cybertron, and take a couple bits that demonstrated a sense of honor and expand on them... For such a major character, Cyclonus remained a fairly blank slate. More filled in than a swerve, but hardly even a ratchet.

Ronin Cyclonus is amazing.

His relationship with tailgate, whatever it may be, is fascinating. Just look at that exchange in dying of the light between Cyclonus and whirl about it. Chills.

11. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find Tailgate and Cyclonus situation is a bit weird. I like Cyclonus a lot more than Tailgate but I even have problems with the relationship like not even acknowledge that exists for one thing. Tailgate, comes off as childish and which is annoying so I tend to ignore him. Rodimus comes off as immature and I do like his character. I really don't care for Tailgate. For the life of me I don't understand someone like Cyclonus will hang out with him and be interested in him. It would make more sense Cyclonus to hang out with Drift because of the martial arts and stuff like that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    It's mostly because Cyclonus and Tailgate are both from the Nova Prime era, from before the factions of Autobots and Decepticons. Cyclonus was the first person Tailgate recognized after getting out of that cavern, so he latched onto him. Overtime, they became close.

• Like Like x 3
  13. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Let's hope the shitty Rom series is over by then and Milne's talents won't be wasted anymore and he will be back where he belongs.

• Like Like x 3
  14. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    It was basically a case of "I don't know what to do with this guy (Cyclonus), So let's give him a lovable roommate" Which was fine in the beginning.

Now it's like a Klingon (Worf) sharing a room with Wesley Crusher while people expecting us to accept them having a weird romance....

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  15. RNSrobot

It's not exactly subtext. It's literally the basis of their acquaintanceship in season 1.

16. RNSrobot

It's nothing like that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Why not!

Didn't Wesley become a "Q" or something omnipotent at some point?

18. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, Please. I'm liking Rom more than LL recently and I find the idea of "better art will make the story better" silly becusce whatever story complaints you have won't go away with a different artist unless all you care about is how well the characters look rather than how their written.

I haven't been enjoying MtMtE since season 2 started and LL isn't any better, so Milne coming back won't change that.

19. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

I'm an artist so I can overlook a bad story if the art is amazing. It's why I'm buying the shitty ROM series. Milne coming back would make it a lot more tolerable for me personally. Hell, I loved the old Dreamwave ongoing because Don Figs art was spectacular.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That makes zero sense to me. I don't care how good a comic looks, if the story is lacking.