Lost Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jacer, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    So I just moved to a new city in August and just they way life turned out we didn't get our moving boxes til November. So over the past few month I've been going through boxes and totes of toys and other junk that've been collecting dust in our old garage. As it turns out I'm missing a few figures I could of sworn I still had

RID Heayload
    RID Midnight Express
    BW Tigatron
    Energon Landquake

I found pieces to all of them but Heavyload. I'm not blaming to moving company, I haven't been through those totes in years, they may have accidentally been tossed years ago, and also best cause scenario I just haven't found them yet.

But what I'm getting at and I was wondering if they're any figures you guys knew you have/had but just turned up missing?

2. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

i have everything from when i was a kid till now. the one thing missing is the first transformer i ever got. G1 Soundwave no idea were he go to over the years.

3. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That's cool to hear. I didn't always take the best care of my figures nor did I think i'd be into Transformers for so long. If I did, my collection would be a lot bigger now.

4. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I'm missing my RID Optimus Prime, I'm not sure if it's in storage or sold off at a garage sale.

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I have Classics Rodimus somewhere...

Somewhere.

6. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My HFTD sideswipe has litterally just gone. Ive turned my small 2 bed flat upside down looking for it. Its no where to be seen, god knows where it is. Maybe hes gone of to fight decepticons

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Well, for me, I just found a set of figures I don't remember buying, a full set of Wave 1 Clear Takara SCF Figures :p  It was wrapped in a black plastic bag and stuffed inside one of our cabinets. Just found it when cleaning up the other day :D 

8. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    G1 Overkill
    G1 Doubledealer

They are in this house somewhere.

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Every single time I've moved, we have had things disappear. They're infamous for it, at least here.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Eight years after moving house I'm still not able to locate half a dozen of my G2 figures. They could be lost entirely in the move but I did find a couple in a box of completely non-TF stuff a year or so ago so it could just be that those figures got mis-packed in the very limited period I had to box up an entire household of belongings.
    It's incredibly frustrating though. As someone that can usually put a hand on anything in my house I suddenly want, not being sure where these particular figures are is quite irksome.

11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    The Superlink Galvatron G purple energon weapon I had mysteriously vanished one day from my shelves. I either packed it and sent it to BBTS by accident or it just vanished in thin air. BBTS denied ever receiving it.

My HT Facehugger from the Alien Warrior from AVP:R also magically disappeared.

12. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was a crazy OCD kid that never played with his toys. I have nearly everything from when I was a kid, and in fairly pristine condition too. The only exceptions are the main figure of Metroplex, which I replaced with a reissue, and Reflector, which I'm pretty sure a friend stole and then ruined. I've got a KO reflector on the way.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  13. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    I've run into the same thing lately. An entire box of minicons (and go figure, some of the shortpacked repaint teams) is gone. Magmatron? Ran away I guess. Dinobot II? Who knows. Micromaster Airwave and Hothouse sets? Well, at least it wasn't Countdown.

I feel silly for losing things, but having to move a lot seems to make this happen.

14. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like some people need rf chips for their toys.

15. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Moving companies are notorious for stuff like this happening. Honestly, the best and (just about only way) to try and salvage things, is when you move, pack each box, record what is in each box, then give each box a number. So you have say, 20 boxes (numbered 1-20 each), and a list of what is in each box. Now you get to your new place, and only 19 boxes show up, or all 20 boxes get there, but there's something missing in the box, you know for a fact that someone either took a box, or rummaged through a box.

Granted, I know how hectic moves are, and my suggestion is hard to pull off, but its the only way I've thought of to counter the moving thieves.

16. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    When I sold off my G1 collection I swore I had Red Alert, a year or two later I found his box only in the attic. I knew I had it!

Conversely, I didn't remember I had Grandslam and Squalkbox on card, so that was cool to see!

Although I sold them off going on 10 years ago now, it was an absolute blast TFing them one last time! I had a bout 60-70 of them.

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Sorry to double post, but I believe I have a Hothouse set 100% complete in box, I would gladly trade, as I am not collecting MicroMaster sets so much nowadays.

18. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I want to know where my junker BW Rampage and Primal Prine went...

I also lost my HFTD Arcee's head. Don't ask.

19. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

I've mostly kept everything intact. The only thing's I've ever been missing are the handgun to Cybertron Optimus, the Missile to a Mini-Con, and Legends Movie 1 Recon Barricade. So far, all but Barricade have turned up. (Got the DOTM one as a replacement, though.)