Lost - anyone else getting disinterested?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drippy, Jan 19, 2006.

1. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I started to lose interest toward the end of the first season. Enough of the flashbacks already!

2. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Hell no!

I was getting disinterested towards the end of season one, but the cliffhanger they left with the finale left me gagging for more.

I have yet to d/l Wednesdays ep, so I don't know if it's any good or juts "meh."

3. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

After this weeks episode I think things are gonna start moving fast.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah, but only because Ive been waiting for season 2 to come out on dvd. Have the season 1 set and was hooked. Going to watch it again when season 2 is realeased to get back into the fold.
    Screw TV schedules

5. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yes, this is the only thing that's got me frustrated with the show. They started the new season back a month or so ago, showed two or three episodes and then went back to reruns for a few more weeks and then back to new episodes. The whole show seems to loose its steam if it takes too long between shows. Ideally, this series is certainly best viewed as a continuous story on DVD. I still love the show, but find myself slightly disinterested because as I watch a new episode, I find myself trying to remember what happened in the last couple episodes--which sometimes was weeks ago. :p 

6. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

So...thoughts after last night's episode?

Another big meh in my book. It was all I could do to keep my butt in the chair for the last 20 minutes. Thank goodness it was on Tivo (we started watching 15 or so minutes late) and I could skip commercials or I probably wouldn't have gotten through the whole thing.

I'm giving them another couple of episodes otherwise I give up on it. But then where will I get my Evangeline Lilly fix?!

7. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I saw one or two 1st season eps on tv but didn't really like the show till I watched season 1 on DVD and got hooked.

I watched a season 2 ep last night on tv and was pretty disinterested because of the commercials.

I agree that we need to know more about Locke...him and Sawyer are the more interesting characters IMO.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last nights was the first really ho-hum episode for me.. and i like charlie..

Sawyer was great though... He called Hurley Jabba

9. Streck

Streck QED Veteran

The whole episode can be summarized as: Charlie's a fuckup. This being mainstream TV, though, he'll redeem himself somewhere down the line, maybe with his death. At least I hope it's his death, because he's annoying and needs to disappear.

I'm sure they'll get back into the Dharma Initiative story before then, which is all I'm interested in now.

10. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I normally download the episodes when I miss them. Its better than watching it on TV because its commerical free. hehe. I can't wait to buy the second season on DVD. Nothing is more enjoyable then watching 15 hours worth of Lost in one day or maybe the Sheild.

11. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

That theory is intense..

12. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Anytime you have a continuing narrative, there are going to be lulls (save for 24, but that's a very different beast). A lot has happened since the end of last season, and there has to be some time for the new status quo to settle in before they go back in the sandbox and kick down the castle. Some folks have complained that everyone's getting along too well now. True to some degree, but I doubt that things will stay this way for long (as highlighted by last night's mostly craptacular Charlie episode). Remember we are two weeks from sweeps, so a lot of juicy material is being held back (or should be).

13. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Man, I must be the only person who liked this weeks ep. Dom Monaghan rocks. I really dig the character of Charlie as well. I was very happy to get more backstory on his life.

14. centurian

centurian Recovering Energon Abuser

All I know is that Driveshaft really have to get themselves more than just the one song (You, All, Everybody). It really is getting on my tits.

15. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I liked the episode, even though it really wasn't necessary. We already knew from previous season 1 episodes that Charlie had a heroine problem.

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I hate charlie. I thought it was fun getting his ass kicked by Locke and being now excluded from the group for being a loon. The episode was decent, but I actually believe that he was hallucinating and it wasn't from the drugs. Something caused him to hallucinate, but what?