looky what i found (armored core stuff)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Necrocom4, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

so i went on a 4 hour drive to visit my family last weekend. while i was leaving my mom gave me a box that a few things from my old room in it. when i got home i found these guys crammed into the bottom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all 4 are pretty dirty. unfortunately the blue one, figure 002 i think, was the worst off. his arms and one of his feet broke off at the ball joint. all his parts are all there though. im gonna fix him.
    the big red one is the only one that has everything. the grey one on the left is missing his left handed weapon, probably a blade or sheild, i cant remember, and hes missing his mini-grenade launcher. the other grey one is missing his right shoulder weapon, some kind of anti-missle launchers, and the tab on his gatling gun broke off. i couldnt find the piece. dunno how im gonna fix that.
    the blue one and the grey one on the right are both from armored core 2. the other 2 are from ac2: another age. i didnt put these together. cuz i know they are selling kits for the newer games. they came like this when you bought them and i think i was like 18 or 19 at the time.
    i kinda wonder how much they are worth now. probably nothing since they are out of their original packaging. i wouldnt sell them either way i love the amount of detail they have. plus i was mega into the game series back then. i did see the blue one on ebay about 3 or 4 years ago. in his package his bid was up to $250 or so and there was still a few days left on it.

2. akum6n

akum6n Bootleg

Wow, what a neat find. Those are some of my favorite toys of all time- maybe the poseability is a little questionable, but they have stellar paint and detailing. I was also a rabid fan of the game up until Nexus or so.

A few years back, I finished up my collection of the Kotobukiya AC action figures. The blue Zio and grey Crest toys from the AC2 game are the hardest to find as they were the first ones sold in 2000 or so... however, I suspect they won't go for a lot loose/broken as they are. I think the earlier toys were made using a faulty PVC material- my original grey Crest broke at the hip and at the chain gun joint. He looks pretty good after being glued back together.

It's been a long time since I've heard anything about these... good to see people still remember them.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    if they're complete, those things go for lots of money.

I never bought any of them, and I've regretted it for a long time. I still really want that blue Zio Matrix figure.

I have one, that I recieved as a gift, but I've never opened it. It's a hand painted prototype of the emeraude figure. it's got a "thank you" sticker on it's right shoulder, opposite the Emeraude logo. here's the letter that came with it. I was actually warned that it would fall apart if removed from the tray. but I've been really tempted over the years to do it anyways.

4. Necrocom4

damn dude gimme that gatling gun and his right extension weapon :p 

thats an awesome gift. i plan to keep mine and if i was you i wouldnt open that ever. i looked more into it and the zio matrix figure 02 is the most sought after. mines broken but he has everything. following second is the grey crest figure 01. yours has everything. i might buy a weapon kit so he looks complete but it wouldnt be original. if i could i would rip apart everything my mom has in storage looking for the 3 and a half parts im missing. she would totally have a cow about it though.

edit: i dunno about it falling apart if you took it out. i bought mine from a comic book store and if they were being sold in 2000 i was 17. i moved out of my moms when i was 21 so they were displayed in my room for about 3 or 4 years then crammed into a box when i moved out and they sat in there for another 6 years. besides alittle dust they held up fine. i posed them all and nothing broke off. the blue dude was broken when i found him. i do remember i had a hard time standing him with that massive energy cannon hanging off his back. meh...ill have him fixed and lookin good in the next couple days. ill post some pics when its done.

5. akum6n

akum6n Bootleg

I guess I am out of the loop since I haven't been watching the auctions recently- sorry, don't mean to mislead anyone. When I was collecting these, I bought a lot (which had both the grey Crest and blue Zio) at about $20 each loose and missing maybe only 1-2 pieces among the lot. Sometimes you will see them in a bunch of old store stock at a reasonable price, since not everyone knows what they are.

Ah, so you are the lucky person that owns the gift version. That is the only one I have ever seen or heard of, and an incredibly cool piece from a historical standpoint. I wonder if any were given out as gifts in Japan, or if that was only done by Agetec here.

I dream about finding one of those, but I expect most people that received one would keep it for sentimental reasons.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I know that about 15-20 people on the agetec forum got them, and others were given to people in the video game press that were fans of the series, like Pat Reynolds from Tips & Tricks magazine. I can't imagine agetec being able to find proper homes for all 204 made, so I would assume that From Software gave some out in japan as well.

7. Necrocom4

i just noticed that the gun on my 01 figure is missing the barrel. blah. and i kinda thought it was supposed to look all sub-machine gun like.

8. Necrocom4

hes all put back together. easily one of the coolest things ive ever seen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i used a soldering iron to poke holes in each ball joint and the inside shoulders then used a small peice of steel wire in each hole with jb weld to hold it together.

he still pretty top heavy. he wants to fall backwards even with the huge karasaw rifle acting as leverage in the front. hense why i have one of the extra hands under his right foot.

i tried cleaning him up with plain water but when it dried the dust seem to just magically reappear. almost like its part of the paint now. you guys know what to use that wouldnt damage or rub the paint off?

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

DAMN! You are one lucky sunuvagun! Those Armored Core mechs look pretty awesome! In my case, the only Armored Core thing I own is the 008 Weapons upgrade kit (twin back-mountable chain guns, needed 'em for a TF custom to dual-wield on his arms), but even that is pretty awesome unpainted.

Also, you say the blue one has broken arms? I may be able to help direct you to some spare parts: 1/72 Armored Core Arm Unit 001 Gun Metallic There are more items at the bottom of the page that you can look at, as HLJ carries a wide variety of Armored Core mech kits, parts, etc.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    those are for models, not figures.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Say wha?

*re-reads first post*

OH! I'm sorry, I didn't know AC mechs came like that once, I've only ever seen kits for sale, so I just figured the ones pictured above were like that too. However, while the spare limb kits may be voided by that, maybe the extra weapon kits would still work for replacement weapons?

12. Necrocom4

dual chain guns you say? does it look anything like this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

you can tell theres a big chunk that broke off of it that connects it to his back. its supposed to be about here:
    [​IMG]

if its the exact same one as yours and you dont need the connector peice maybe we can do a trade? i figured as much if your just gonna mod them anyway. the only other thing missing from him is the right extension weapon and the barrel on his rifle.

the blue one is fixed now though and its amazing none of his parts were lost. good site though. those kits arent that expensive either. i wish i could get a better pic of what the kits have in them though.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used to have that guy.. Think I ditched it long ago....

14. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I still have that one on the right, though it looks like the rifle on yours is missing the mussel part of it. Still love that guy.

15. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah I got 2 of these I got the blue guy and the silver one with the Gatling gun

both broke in some way the silver guys connector for the Gatling gun broke off and for the blue guy his ankle gave out.

I have picked up one of the newer Kotobukiya kits and they seem to be far cooler and so far its not broken and its the skinny Mirage model

16. Necrocom4

do the weapons from one fit on the other? cuz im considering buying a weapon kit to make up for the empty space on my 2 grey dudes.