Looks like the next Generations wave will include Warpath as well as BS and Junkion.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by daytimeninja, Sep 1, 2011.

1. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wave 5 to include Junkion, Blackshadow, Warpath, Wheeljack, and Kup. Looks like those that predicted Warpath would be shelf warming could be right!

I think this is good news in the long run for Hasbro. Hopefully people will learn not to pay upwards of 40$ on a general release deluxe.

2. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Idk I went to my local Walmart the other night & only saw a few Warpaths & Wheeljacks.. Picked up the only 2 of each. Thundercracker sure is shelfwarming though, to my surprise.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Meh,I already have Warpath,and I'm probably skipping this wave anyway. Idk,maybe I'll get Skyshadow(Like that name better than Blackshadow)

4. Dayvcon

Dayvcon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont think thundercracker is in this wave the case is

1x Sergeant Kup
    2x Wheeljack
    1x Warpath
    2x Blackshadow
    2x Junkion

so thundercracker is in one wave only

5. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Why would that be good news for Hasbro? Classics are a collector driven line and the aftermarket drives collectors. I see this as a potential lose for all of us. It means there will be classics shelf warming that otherwise would move. That's the stuff that makes stores stop ordering and we'll see classics go away if this stuff continues.

They should have released what they wanted to release and left it alone then collectors would keep clamoring for the new classics and keep it going.

6. Syn3sthesia

Syn3sthesia Well-Known Member

Sh.., I have seen the W8 case about 20 times and they sell just as fast as they come. Even Kup and Scourge get pick up.
    People are sleeping on Thundercraker. Wait till he goes away like Thrust and there will be a lot of mad mofos.

7. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  8. toboggan

toboggan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty excited about Junkheap, seeing as I've still never seen a Wreck-Gar in person. I don't mind getting this version instead, though I'm worried that people are going to snatch this one up quickly for army-building too, at the expense of those who just want one.

9. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, I have no need for Thundercracker, I bought all 6 KO Henkei Seekers (& love them!) but I went ahead and picked up another Kup last night. I'll probably pick up 2 or 3 more Scourges to make my army of Sweeps... May get a few Junkions. Never could pick up Wreckgar... I can't find any RTS figures to save my life. Thankfully I got my Tracks & Jazz, & BiS 2pack. But idk. Generations all sell like hotcakes here. Except the Darkmounts... They pegwarmed for a few months, but now most of them are gone.

10. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope this doesn't screw us like the last few waves and the major stores not getting them in due to dotm. Since dotm is out and could possibly sit around for a bit and with TF Prime toys due out soon, the B&M stores could possibly not re order the first couple of waves of classics due to tfs being kinda overloaded

11. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Excellent! I shall be getting Black Shadow, Warpath, and Wheeljack.

I am assuming I should probably get Warpath first, as he is only one per case?

12. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    If you want just the fist yea but, personally, I would get the whole figure if I was you. :p 

13. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    None of the Generations figures are shelfwarming in my area except Skullgrin. I see them and when I'm there a week later they're all gone. There is at most 2 of any of those figures at a store at some point.

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

This is great news, as I need at least 2 more Wheeljacks for customs.

15. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Oh, haha. Fixed.

16. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Skullgrin's the only figure I've noticed shelfwarming tbh. The rest seem to move well enough.

I'd like to grab a pair of Junkions if possible... then order some of the Maiden Japan kit parts for them. Not too keen on grabbing Black Shadow... but I might grab him just to have another Decepticon Jet. Got far more Autobots than 'cons in my collection.

17. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Updated the original post. Sorry for the TC confusion.

18. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

My Walmart hasn't gotten a shipment of classics in since sometime last year.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Wheeljack? Fuck a nut. I paid too much for mine...

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Warpath is already shelf warming here in Portland Oregon. Every Target and Walmart I've been to has him..unsold. Including Wheeljack and Thundercracker too. I know that the only people really picking them up are the locals helping other people out.

I KNEW it was only a matter of time until it hits market saturation and then that wave will be everywhere I saw.

This is the issue with collecting being THE GAME pretty much. I hate to say it but I'm an army builder myself, and I'm willing to help others get theirs but I'll be more interested with getting the requisite number I need first. I think it's fair that retail is first come first serve, and I'd rather army build than letting toys go to scalpers ripping off others.

But yeah, I'm getting two Junkions. I've customized a 2nd Wreck Gar to be one, and with two Generations Junkion I'll have a good even number.