Looks like Overlord is creeping up in price on eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mobb One, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

No doubt thanks to Last Stand of the Wreckers presenting Overlord as a great villain, my favorite Decepticon is going up in price on eBay.

From time to time I just check to see how much Overlord goes for (I already have a beautiful mint one) and in the last month his value has been driven up.

$450+ for loose Overlords, some of them not complete, while boxed ones approach $600+.

Last year he was hovering around $300-$350 loose complete, $500 boxed, $450 boxed was possible if you were sharp and quick.

Anyway, I personally am not complaining. I love the character and think it's fantastic he's finally getting some widespread exposure to the western market. Thank you IDW.

And not to fan the flames even further, but if you don't have Overlord, and you're a G1 collector/Decepticon leader collector/fan of base modes (Overlord's is awesome, if a bit wobbly)/an appreciator of awesome Transformers, you MUST make this piece a collecting target!

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, I got mine, loose/complete, 4 years ago for $280.

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Cool. I've had mine since Christmas 1991. So glad to have kept it mint and complete all these years.

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I got mine from Red leader (Kapow Toys) at Auto Assembly last August. Nice, complete, and boxed for about $350. Locustreign got a loose one, for about $130, complete apart from his Powermaster Giga's missing a leg. I thought I'd overpaid for the box :D 

There was a complete boxed one on ebay UK for $310 within the last couple of months, hung about for a couple of days as well.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  5. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    A friend of mine was in Japan on a business trip, he found a MISB for $480 USD. But I got complete opned box one as I just couldn't resist opening this bad-ass evil Overlord! Awesome figure with a catchy color scheme.

I never understood why this character never made it to state side?

6. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

Nor I...as a kid I was desperately searching for a decepticon foe for powermaster prime...not till many years later did i find out that there was such a figure, only never released here. I got mine C9 mint in euro box for two hundred fifty about a year and a half ago...love the figure...glad you like it too

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My grail gets more difficult to obtain with every passing day. :( 

8. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

I see Mr Roche and Roberts are indeed, trousers-shatteringly awesome:bowdown: 

Damn, I'll need to get LSOTW ASAP!:poop 

P.S. Is Overlord in LSOTW like the Joker?

9. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I would love to see Takara Tomy turn this into a Master Piece. I wouldn't mind dropping $200-$250 for a well built MP?

10. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I've noticed this price increase as well. I'm just looking for Euro instructions to really finish it off. Hopefully stuff like that won't follow the price trend.

Sometimes these things are temporary. If/when the price starts dropping be ready to buy.

11. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i will just wait for a reissue or ko version of him. it will happen because of his price and demand.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats terrible... I was actually contemplating about picking this figure up. Guess i'll have to wait out the storm. So to those that own it, on a scale of 1-10, what would you rate it?

Also, would you mind taking some pics of it next to say Scorponok, Trypticon or Deszaras?

Thanks

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, such a cool character. I don't collect G1 anymore but if they were to repaint this guy out of the Energon or Cybertron Megatron molds I wouldn't complain :) 

I know that probably sounds blasphemous to some of you but I don't care :D 

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    scale of 1-10 an easy 10, better than deathsaurus imo,

out of cybertron or energon megatron? not even close lol, articulated original sure

15. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

He is a 10. Here are my reasons:

- Overlord epitomizes everything that makes G1 distinct from all other TF lines:

1. He's the tallest G1 decepticon ever made at around 15". He dwarfs ROTF leader class figures.

2. He's a dual powermaster that happens to be a triple changer because he has a base mode. The base mode is actually a bit more expansive than Trypticon's base mode. Though the ramps are wobbly because they have no dedicated connection

3. The alt modes are awesome. A modified SR-71 Blackbird and an M1 Abrams Tank...almost all TF toys have 1 alt mode, 1 vehicle or 1 animal. Overlord is TWO alt modes, that combine into 1 robot. He's like Omega Supreme, except far less kibble and significantly larger.

4. The negative: He is a brick. But if you're a G1 collector you're not in it for exhaustive articulation

Trypticon and Scorponok are in a another display case, but here's a pick of my G1 cartoon Decepticon leaders shelf

[​IMG]

16. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks for the pictures, he is HUGE!! I'm a G1 Collector but i'm slowly leaving the field. I love G1 for all it has to offer but i'm trading in my Old G1's if new updates are released. I sold all 6 Seekers, Sunstreaker, Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Punch, Springer and Bruticus (Fansproject!!!). The only figures I can't dump are G1 Megatron, Prime and Sideswipe.

Still, that is one impressive figure. I might pick that up once the price goes down.

17. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just wondering why you dont collect g1 anymore? do you still collect any of the newer transformers?

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I got mine during the European release way back when and it's still in excellent condition. Of course my friend then went one better when she showed me she had that and the Japanese release too. Then she did the same with Sixshot (which I've only got the Euro release of too). All still MIB. Damn her. :p 

But yeah, no surprise the Overlord price is creeping up probably because of the comic.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed. I recall that even the price for BW Razorbeast went up for a while thanks to him playing a prominent role in the IDW BW series.
    As for Overlord, I paid $130 shipped from Germany for a loose complete one back in 2006. He's definitely a figure I could never ever regret buying, he's just that damn cool.

20. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I have one sealed. I never got one loose because my friend had one and it was a complete brick, but IMHO he has the best lookin box of all transformers. Now I really want him to complete my Powermaster/Godmaster collection, and he has gotten ridiculous. He should drop again in price soon hopefully. He has yo-yo'd up and down for years.