Non-TF: Looking

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by AutobotJazz, Jun 19, 2007.

1. AutobotJazz

AutobotJazz Hey, lets get Down!

Jun 15, 2007
    I am looking for an Artist. I have a great Idea for a Graphic Novel. Please IM on me on AIM.
  2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Jul 1, 2004
    You should try your local comic shops...they have plenty of wannabe comic artists.

Otherwise, I'm looking for a toilet made oout of solid.
  3. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

Jul 7, 2002
    News Credits:
    Here are some places to check out in your quest. Finding a good, reliable, artist can be a headache but once you find the right one it's great. (in their forums, under "Neverending.")

Make sure you give a little bit more info such as page length, if you're willing to pay and how much. What are the cuts you're willing to share on profit and any ancillary earnings. Make sure you state the genre you're doing and a specific art style you might be looking for.

Remember, artist is a pretty vague term. You'll need a penciller, sure, but can they ink their own stuff as well? If not, you'll need an inker too. Are you looking to do this in black and white? Colored? Greytoned? You'll also need a letterer.

It's a great time to do something like this. There are many print on demand services availabe these days that make self publishing a snap!

You can also purchase ISEB code bars for your books. I can't remember the website address for that. An ISEB code will allow you're book to be available at places like Barnes & Noble and Amazon.

There's also Diamond Comics to deal with too if you want to go that distribution route. They have their submission guidelines on their site.

Hope this helps you out. Good luck!