Looking to the Future ; Transformers & the next generations ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Feb 23, 2012.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    What do or will the Younger fans want ?

Once the people now in the 30 or 40's filter through age, loose interest, give in to life pressures over the fandom or eventually start to die off what will the fandom and indeed the toyline become in the next 25 years ?

Will Transformers last another 25 years in some form as a toyline or a fandom ?

And will it always be obsessed with G1 derivatives as the only starting point for future work ?

Will loosing the first generation of fans or gaining a new generation of Hasbro or Takara designers who grew up on Beast Wars or AEC or never had any contact with the brand at all from the 80's make a difference.

Has it already made a difference - have we already passed that point - has Tomy taking over Takara changed anything.

How does where we are now differ from say where the fandom was in the 80's or the 90's or the 00's ?

What will the younger fans want to see when they carry the trorch and will it be so different from the desires of those in their 30 or 40's in the next few immediate years and then further into the future?

Share your views please.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Easy the shift and focus will go to G2/BW/RID/ARMADA/ANIMATED/MOVIES/PRIME.

Some of it is G1 inspired and probably will still continue.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    As the "Geewunners" die off, so will the obsession for G1. It won't go completely, but it will definitely die down a quite a bit. Same rules apply for BW all the way through Prime

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't see a change at all when it comes to characters. Beside the Beast Era generation, every series had the bots and cons and Prime, Megatron, Starscream ect. So even when the G1 era is removed from Hasbro's focus, it's the same bunch.

I don't see another moment of Hasbro being creative and shake things up like it did with the Beast Era. Ten years of reboots and the movies really leaves me with no hope of change to keep the series fresh. When those fans grows up, we got another ten years, and when the next batch of fans grow up, another ten years. I pray I'm wrong on that.

Now when it comes to collectors series like MP and Generation, maybe us Beast Era fans will get some focus outside of slaggin Botcon, along with RID, UT, and Animated fans.

5. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm kinda hoping for a new/updated beast wars.