Looking to pick up some computer hardware, curious about sites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey guys. I'm looking to swap out some stuff on my current computer. Now, usually, when I go to buy stuff for the 'puter, I go to a store nearby and buy what I need and regularly hear, afterwards, "Dude, you could have paid so much less at (insert site X here)."

...and I've never kept track of those sites, 'cuz, really, once I've got what I need, I don't really think about it from there.

For those of you that buy computer equipment online regularly, what sites do you use for inexpensive stuff? Particularly, I'm looking for a DVD-ROM drive and a new Hard Drive (something in the 200-300 gig range.)

NOTE: This is not a "please find these products/do my research for me" thread; I'm just curious if anyone knows sites that are worth checking out off the top of their head.

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I get all my stuff from NewEgg. Great service, quick shipping, easy returns. You may pay a few bucks more, but for hte service you get its worth it.

3. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/ is a great alternative to newegg in terms of selection, prices and customer service. because it's local for me, i tend to buy from here (even though i pay sales tax).

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Holy crap. DVD+/-R drives have really dropped in price. I thought I'd be shelling out like $150 for each piece of hardware.

5. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Newegg is the place to go for stuff. I've used them several times with no issues whatsoever and they usually have really good deals.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Wow, I have always used newegg but these guys look like a good alternative.

7. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

they are fantastic. not to mention cheaper than newegg for most items (that i've shopped for). though i get dinged with sales tax. but i get my items so fast that it usually makes up for it. now that i think about it, i haven't ordered anything from newegg in quite a while.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I've always used newegg or tigerdirect.

9. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

i've also received excellent customer service with www.mwave.com but they are generally not as cheap as zipzoomfly or newegg. they do have decent motherboard bundles.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Hey guys, just wanted to thank y'all for pointing me to newegg. Picked up a pair of Samsung products with good reviews this afternoon. I checked out zipzoomfly, but...I dunno, the reviews and prices on newegg worked well together for what I was looking for.

Again, thanks all.

11. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Crap, I'm probably too late, but I always used to check www.pricewatch.com for computer hardware.