Looking to move, Part 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darth Megatron, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

So my wife wants to move, not just down the street either. She wants to move to Australia!!! Now I have no problem with Australia, I almost think that Aussies and Canadians are brothers, but it is far, far, far away from Calgary. We have just moved into a new home and I have a decent job, why would I want to move? Experience I guess. She (Wife) watches the Block and is in love with the weather and such. It seems that it is always cold here, so I understand that part, but we would have to leave our niche, which is always hard. The worst part is my parents are like ‘you should really go; it would be a good experience.’ Thanks a lot jerks. Even saw a job posting for a Financial Services position in Perth, printed in a Calgary news paper, so there may even be a job in it for me. So for anyone bothering to read this and has lived or lives in Perth or another part of Australia, let me know what it like. I’m sure it is lovely, and I would like to try and experience new things in life, but I need more of a push, so gimmie what you got. :thumbs2: 

2. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

There's too many snakes in Australia. The brown snake is one of the most dangerous snakes in the world and is commonly found in residential areas in Australia.

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Are there any specific reasons why? Or was it like a "we should go to the grocery store this afternoon" "And then let's move to Australia!" type of deal?

I mean, it's a pretty big thing, I'd make sure it's really what she (and, importantly, YOU) want, not just some spur of the moment thing.

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Not to mention all the spiders. Isn't most of the east coast of Aus sitting on top of a huge nest?

And, look out for the Yowies. ;) 

5. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oooh pick me! I live in Perth. Was born here, and haved lived here for many years. It's a fantastic city. Population of about 1.3 million. Temperature wise, it's pretty decent. Never really gets that cold - a lot of the year it sits nicely in the 20's (celcius that is). It never really gets below 10 (celcius again) during the day in winter. In the peak of summer it can get freaking hot (over 40 at the worst) but it never usually lasts for too many days in a row.

Don't worry about snakes. I've lived in suburbian perth on and off for my whole life and never seen one (I have seen them out in the country though). The only chance you have of running across one is if say you live near a bushland reserve. Spiders however are around the place, but you just gotta surface spray your doors / windows every month or so and you'll be fine. I've never been bitten and hardly ever see them.

It really is a nice city to live in. Not too big, not too small. Lot's of nice white sandy beaches, plenty of open spaces and green parks. Most people are pretty friendly.

I assume you'll be wanting to rent a place? If you give me (or pm) me your rough price range, I'll let you know the best areas to be.

Any more specific questions? Just ask and I'll do my bestest to answer them.