Looking to buy PSP, need help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by dragontron88, Apr 12, 2007.

1. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Ok, since the Price has dropped, it is even more appealing, but I want to know some personal oppinions of people who own them, I have heard that they are a real dissappointment after what they were hyped up to be, and I was wondering how much of what can I hold on a 2 gb card in terms of music, movies and such, and how does the wifi perform?

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

WiFi is actually excellent on the PSP.

2gb can hold a fair amount. A couple of movies, some music and pictures.

The PSP itself is a fine piece of equipment. The games for the system though, are very lacking. But if you are a savvy type of guy, you can figure out how to 'enhance' your gaming experience by using emulators on your PSP

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What he said. It's a nice piece of equipment, made even better with custom firmwares allowing many more options.

A good one I've found is an pspradio - it streams music over the wifi with hundreds of channels to pick from. I don't think there's an official program that can do that.

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

And aside fro mall the emulaters and stuff on the PSP, as long as there's already some games you want out for it, you won't be dissapointed. If there's nothing you're really interested in, wait, but if there is, you have plenty of a back-catalog to catch up on.

5. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Im not really tech savy, how does on go about getting emulators and such?

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Custom firmware can be a tricky proposition. Attempt it at your own risk.

7. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Without the custom stuff, I personally find the PSP lacking.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I love mine and rarely leave the house with out it. I play games with it on the bus to and from work, I load up video’s to watch during lunch, I use it as an mp3 player going to and from the bus stop, and I load photos of stuff I want to show people (like images from the TF movie).

I think it’s fantastic.

9. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

People may say games may be lacking, but if you stick with the gems, there's a decent selection there.

10. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, I dont mod my PSP and I love the thing. The battery life on it is really good and I found some very solid games (for me anyways) to play on it. It's WiFi is amazing and it's internet brower works pretty good.

Heck! There was even a moment where I got lost or had to check out how much money I had in the bank and all I had was my PSP. I pulled over to a Panera Bread, connected to it's WiFi and my problems where solved!

I don't have much to complain about the PSP aside from seeing more games I want for it, but right now I have a total of 6 games in my collection, thats some hours of gameplay to do :D 

11. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

Wait, what does PSP stand for?

Photoshop Program?:tongue: 

12. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i think the psp is cool, the games are lacking, but there are still a few great ones out there.

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I'm the same way, I have a 4 gig mem stick with hours of music (probably more than I need) but since I don't have an I-pod it serves the purpose, play it through my car stereo almost everyday on the way to work.

Also have TFTM saved on there as well as some Tenacious d, simpsons, southpark, futurama episodes.

I actually have a lot of games for mine. Since I get to play it more than my PS3 or 2 I would usually get a game available for both on the PSP. X-men, SW Battlefront, Monster Hunter, Sega Genesis Collection.

The GTAs are good, Lumines is a great puzzle game Daxter is a great platformer. As far as RPG's go I thought Valkerie Profile and Poplocrois were great. Ace Combat, Syphon Filter kick ass.