looking forward to the movie toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KA, Nov 10, 2006.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i am!...so i can concentrate on filling out my vintage/g1 collection XD

its not just that either. ive put off my SW action fleet collection for awhile, and itll let me test out the starcom/MASK market.

who else is looking forward to the movie toys (for the wrong reason)? :p 

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a Starcom/MASK market? o_O  I was hoping those'd be awesome toys that -didn't- get an economy going. *whimper*

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    uh-oh. maybe i shouldnt let on people to the starcom/MASK market? so now therell be a spike in the prices because i inadvertantly highlighted them?!

stupid KA, stupid *whacks forehead*

MASK has a strong underground following, in particular amongst my southern neighbours, starcom, not so much. okay i wont mentioned anything anymore. *twiddles finger*

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always thought it's interesting when a TF fan only collects pre- 86 Movie Transformers. Now I'm really starting to wonder if I'm going to be a pre-06 Movie TF collector.:confused2 :(  I'll go see the 06 Movie though.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I am also looking forward to saving money on the movie toys. Hopefully we'll still have Classics or Titaniums continuing through that period, otherwise 2007 is going to be a very boring year. :( 

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well of COURSE Mask has an underground following. It's MASK! They wouldn't be right out in the open!

:D 

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'l probably end up buying every 07' movie toy that transforms. Maybe a few that don't as well.

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey, anything that spells command with a "K" gets my vote! Why? Because I'm high on cold medicine right now!

9. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    I used to own 3 MASK vehicles (one is a red car, a white car and the other one is a yellow motorcycle; feel free to kick me as I forgot all of them :p ).

Yup I am looking forward to it, but like other TF toylines (except Classic), I try to be as selective as possible, which mean I will pass on the protoform toys.

Hmm...what's the wrong reason to look forward to.......the urge to spend money on something expensive and regret later ?

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I keep saying I'm done with TFs(mostly) after Classics, so I can't wait for the movie line to see how much will power I'm actually capable of.:lol 

11. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

I haven't been buying any TFs but new Minicons pretty much all year, but I'm definately looking forward to some of the new movie toys.

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to saving some money as well. I do hope Classics and Titaniums fill the void though...

13. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'm not looking forward to the movie toys themselves, but am interested to see how they pull them off. Considering the characters have thousands of moving parts in the movie, it'll be interesting to see how/if any of that complexity translates to the toys.

14. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

Depends on the toys. Hopefully there are some good ones in the movie line. The spermformers shown so far, no.

If they suck, I'll be filling out my alts collection. The next few months are dedicated to competing the classics.

15. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Also a "depends on the toys" person here as well. If they're good, sure I'll get them. If not, no way.

16. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was worried that between the movie toys and classics, I would be giving all my money to Hasbro! Luckily, that won't be the case...between not buying the movie toys, and Alts being on hiatus, I might be able to save enough money for a nice vacation next year!

17. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I don't have anything particularly against the movie toys, but I'm not planning on collecting them. Since I will have a nice little TF collecting break there for a while, I was thinking of going back to collecting vintage stuff from other lines. Was looking into Gobots or MASK...something that won't really break the bank but that I've always wanted to do and kept putting off.

18. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

The toy prototype for Blackout looked good so if there are some that look like that I'll pick one up here and there. Worst case scenario with toys such as SS and Prime,I would buy them and just leave them sealed as they're displayed in their less crappy robot mode.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I suspect I'll be getting at least some, but probably not all, movie toys, since it appears I'll like some better as toys than as movie designs. Of course, there's also the opportunity to get some things almost never seen before in Transformers (Plush toys? C'MON, YOU KNOW YOU WANT EM! :)  )

20. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I'm not much interested in the movie toys, so I'm looking toward next year as a chance to wean myself off toys in general a li'l bit. 3 3/4" Joe is kinda dead in the water, though there may be some token 25th anniv. offering. SW is still there but after a barrage of clones all due in the next few months, that'll drop off some. I'm planning on going through ALL my shit in the spring and selling off a sizable chunk. Will probably spend some of that money on plugging a few vintage TF/SW/Joe/misc holes, though there's not a whole lot TO get.