Looking for the exact alt modes of Wheelie and the twins

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Malunis_T, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm trying to find out what the exact RC truck is that Wheelie's alt mode is based on. Or is it one that only exists within the movies?

Also, I'm trying to find out the same about Skids and Mudflap's ice cream truck mode. I know this must be real, as I've come across a very similarly ice cream truck with the same text and decals. Just need to know the exact model.

Any info you might have, please provide. :) 

2. newguy

newguy i

I think the twins are some 40's 50's ice cream truck.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    From what I know, Wheelie was a 4x4 RC Monster Truck, you might be able to tell what it is if you look for the pics of the Truck on display at the Smithsonian.

4. AllSparkd

AllSparkd O_O

Wheelies alt mode is a HPI Wheely King. it has several modifications done to it, like different chassis plates (from Integy. Alloy TVP for HPI Wheely King for R/C or RC - Team Integy) and shocks (can't tell what brand those are). wheels differ from the stock version too, i think they're these (::HPI RACING::). body and front bush-bar are from a Tamiya Ford F350 High Lift (Tamiya America Item #58372 | RC Ford F350 High-Lift - 4X4-3SPD), but the body has appeared to have been shortened to fit onto the Wheelly King's chassis. i think they scratch built the fender add-ons, i couldn't find any of the same looking fenders in any RC hobby site.

5. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice! Looks like a good match. I imagined the model might've been custom simply because, once you get a good look at it, it seems a little too... "heavily armored" for a normal RC truck. Then again, I'm always thinking of the plastic toy ones you find in toy stores. But yeah, thanks for the info :) 

Any ideas on the ice cream truck? If I could just figure out who owns this one truck, that might be a hint. Couldn't be from the 40s or 50s, those seem to be VERY different from this truck.

6. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Its not exactly it but it looks like a hybrid of that and this:
    [​IMG]

7. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry Double Post

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  8. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    1950's Style Ice Cream Trucks

Appears this Ice Cream Truck is a custom...

Seems to use the front grille of 1932 roadster with custom slats on a a 1937 Chevy Panel Delivery Truck, hood chopped to flatten the seat compartment & nose possibly chopped to make it shorter, not really sure...
    But... based on the toy, the grille looks custom...

But, to pull off some CYA... this could have actually been an ice cream truck or something they found...

Attached Files: