Looking for suggestions with Glue Problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by barrelks, Aug 2, 2009.

1. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    So I got Voyager Longhaul the other day, and finally decided to transform it, and one of the hinges that is on a pin won't budge. It appears that there was too much glue put on it at the factory, and it is stuck (I had this same issue with my Alts Mirage and broke the damn thing). I already got one suggestions from a local member, but I was wondering if there were any known solutions?

Thanks in Advance

2. newguy

newguy i

Retrun the bitch

3. barrelks

News Credits:
    That is probably what I will have to do when I find another one. Another board member picked it up for me, so I don't have the receipt.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Well, you're already ahead of the game because you've realised the glue problem before accidentally breaking anything.
    In what way is it glued? Is it glue that's got into the gap of the hinge and stuck it to the other side, or is it glue that's somehow stuck the pin to the plastic. I don't have the figure myself so just trying to get the lay of the land.
    If it's two pieces on a pin like the Alt Mirage piece (I had the same problem) you might be able to slip a thin blade between the two and carefully and slowly sever the glue bonding the pieces. If it's got into or under something you can't get to then maybe there's some way to activate the glue again so you can manipulate the hinge until it dries, or even clean away the glue. I know there's a de-bonding solution you can get for superglue, but I have no idea if this might affect the plastic in a bad way.
    Would hate for you to ruin the figure based on my clunky suggestions, but maybe a Radicon can do more with those ideas using their experienced skills.

Failing that, I suppose you could try and get the board member that picked it up for you to mail out the receipt.

5. barrelks

News Credits:
    It feels like it has bonded the peg to both pieces of the hinge. I tried running a blade around where I could reach with it with no luck. I am just gonna wait till I see it in stores and exchange it. No rush, I am just glad that I decided to transform him. Now I need to figure out what other figures I never transformed and double check them. I have had a few issues with this line.

6. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

That sux :(  You said youve had other issues w/ this line? Which figurres have had problems? I'm asking because I havent seen any yet..

***knocks on wood***

7. barrelks

News Credits:
    Well, my Jetfire shipped from HTS was missing one of his tailfins. A local member was nice enough to stash one for me at a store, so atleast I didn't have to send it back to them (which I hear can be a hastle). The Scalpel that was for my cousin was missing his antenna. Other recent one from the Animated line, finally picked up a Deluxe Prime and the painted parts were really tacky, so after leaving a fingerprint in the paint, I decided that he needed to take a permanent spot on the display shelf.

The other ones are kind of small issues, garbage firing mechanism on Preview BB (which I am suprised had tight joints and fit together nicely), and one of the front windows/shoulderpads on Jolt not fitting on the peg. Not much that I couldn't deal with, just more of a hastle, especially when they are missing parts.

8. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Wow... that sucks that you had all those problems.

I would get another one at the store, swap it, return it back and let them know that it's damaged.