Looking for specific Wolverine comic, need help.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Moy, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Alright, so If anyone knows which series of Wolverine comics depicts him with his bone claws and an with an animal/beast appearance please let me know, thanks.

I'm gonna visit the comic shopt during this weekend anyway, but I'd like to know just incase they can't find it.

2. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    What do you mean with an animal/beast?

He had bone claws in the mid 90s. Main Wolverine series of the time starting around 75 (?) and up through the 100s. If you describe the beast you mention I might be of some help.

3. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ This, as seen below:

[​IMG]

Either that, or the "Wolverine: Origin" miniseries:

[​IMG]

4. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the 1993 Fatal Attractions Story line Magneto rips out his adamantium, and he didn't get it back til 2000. So he had bone claws for those six years. So because his healing factor didn't have to cope with adamantium poisoning so It accelerated to crazy levels. Increasing his animalistic senses and making him more feral in nature.
    Then around wolverine 99/100 (maybe around '96) there is an attempt to bond him with more adamantium, needless to say it does not end well and triggers his feral state even more. leaving him more beast than man for a while. This is probably his beast appearance you are talking about.

He eventually gets better.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    You might also want to look for any of the X-Men/Uncanny X-Men comics with the "Onslaught" storyline banner on the cover. The feral, bone-clawed Wolvie popped up in those quite a bit too.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Well see, I've seen him similar to like "Beast" like the blue X-men/mutant; he was hairy and big; very un-wolverine/human-like.
    THis is close, but he undergoes an animal Transformation and ends up looking like a wolf/monster... almost unrecognizable..

7. shibamura_prime

News Credits:
  8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
  9. shibamura_prime

News Credits:
    There was no specific book or series that had him like this since it was something that was happening in the main storyline at the time. Just look for anything in circa 1996 that had X-Men in it. Your best bets are Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, and the X-Men: Onslaught and Marvel Universe: Onslaught one-shots. The X-Men were jumping around throughout all of the Marvel books that summer, so almost anything with the "Onslaught" banner on the cover has a decent chance of having Wolvie in it.

10. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Bone laws first show up in Wolverine (vol. 2) #75 and last until #145 where he gets the adamantium back. There is the atempt in #100 to give him adamantium but it doesn't work out well. Up until this point his healing factor had been acelerating, after #100 he starts going feral as well, both are explained as the natural evolution of Wolvie's mutant powers, the adamatium was actually acting as a check/retarding of this evolution, basically helping to keep him sane. Wolverine appears to regain his sanity and regular appearance eventually with zen meditation and stuff, but turns out most of that time he'd been replaced by a skrull (and no this had nothing to do with Secret Invasion either, it was long before that). Meanwhile the real Wolverine was made into Apocalypse's new version of Death who gives him the adamantium back.

I'd pick up issues #75 through the end of Hama's run (yes, the same awesome Larry Hama who wrote G.I. Joe) which is about issue #117 or 118 (the end of Operation Zero Tolerance). The next storyline is Not Dead Yet, which is available as a TPB which is a pretty good read. Then Claremont's return run til issue #125 I'd honestly skip anything after that which is mostly Eric Larsen run and the Wolver-skrull stuff just pick up #145 and the next few issue that resolve the storyline.

It would be so much eaiser if Marvel would just reprint more essential volumes, sigh, but you can find the first part of the bone claws story, #75+, in Essential Wolverine Vol. 4 I think.

Hope that helps.

11. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

you're talkin about when he kinda looked like Sbretooth. that was around the Age of Apocalypse/Onslaught era I believe, though not that line. He had a blue mask wrapped around the top half of his face, ....... I never had those though

12. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure he means the no-nose Wolverine as shown in the Mile High links above.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    YUP!! Boy I wish Marvel would have had him confront Sabertooth looking like that!!!!!! :drool: 

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, the '90s: When Superman lost his life, Batman lost his ability to walk, Green Lantern lost his mind and Wolverine lost his nose. Good times.