looking for some simple easy games for my wife.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ckhtiger, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    so is peggle a free game, online only, downloadable, buy in a store or what? what would be the best/safest way to get it?

2. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

popcap.com

There's a free online version and a more feature rich (I think) downloadable one you can buy.

3. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Tried co-op games? My wife couldn't care less about most rpg or action games, and doesn't care for competitive games, but she'll try anything that's cooperative. Aside from the party or puzzle games there's things like Gauntlet (Legends on N64 and PS1, Dark Legacy on PS2/GC, 7 Sorrows[lame] on PS2), the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance series (2 titles on PS2), and the Champions of Norrath series (PS2, 2 titles). Controls are simple, the maps are never complicated, and women seem to like the item-collection aspect of the BG/CoN games.

The N64 had a few quirky games that my wife liked:
    Blast Corps - one of my own all-time favorites, but something that surprised me when my wife played it - it's sort of like Marble Madness in that it requires the same sort of left-right brain cooperation that females must have the patience for. I didn't figure my wife would like it, but after watching me play it, she was the one that went through and got all the gold medals.

Space Station Silicon Valley - oddball platformer, doesn't really depend on reflexes and control dexterity. Hard to find (try emulating if you're not sure), but amusing.

Wave Race - I've never seen anyone spend so much time just riding the dolphin around the practice course, but hey.......

4. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Yes, get her a DS.

And Planet Puzzle League. That game is fun for everyone.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Tetris, all chicks love Tetris.

waits for female board member to say she doesn't like Tetris

6. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Any of the sims games. You know what? Get her a Webkinz stuffed animal and she can register it at Webkinz.com. There are tons of fun and easy games on there. Plus you earn money from playing games and stuff and you can but stuff for your online pet like in the sims.