Looking for some info

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chris c, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Chris c

Chris c New Member

Hello, I am new to the forum and you guys and potentially the gals too have some really neat stuff. I purchased a pre-rub Mirage stamped Hasbro/Takara 80-82 and is dead mint. My question is, is it the real deal? The reason I'm questioning this is the the white and red stripe that goes on the top of the side pods is painted on but still has the white and red on the sticker sheet.

Everywhere else I have looked I haven't been able to find any info or reference pics on this particular piece. Also have a G1 pre-rub Prime with out stickers applied with stickers bubbling up off the trailer. Is that a common thing? Perhaps depending on where it was stored. I can post pics a bit later to give you an idea what I am referring to. Thanks for the help.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
  3. Chris c

Chris c New Member

Thanks for the link but it didn't apply to this particular piece. It is stamped. I don't believe it is a knock of or a reissue. Here are the pics of Mirage. Maybe this will help? The question is, is the tampo paint in white and red something that Hasbro did with the first run of Transformers G1 toys?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]