Looking for some good TF media

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Peanut04, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I have always collected the toys and watched most of the shows, but I have been thinking about starting to read the comics and or books that are out and don't know where to start. I wanted to know what are the best comics to read. I had thought about going back and picking up the War Within comics, but since the series was stopped, I hate to read it and be left with a bunch of questions. Are there any good art books? I'm also looking for a kind of reference book anything that covers the entire transformers universe/canon well.

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

For reference, you could do a lot worse than bookmark the TFWiki. There are books that claim to cover everything, but they rarely even scratch the surface (the Ultimate Guide for instance, is a good book, but frames everything as if Dreamwave's is the 'right' continuity); the Wiki is a living encyclopaedia, and odds are you'll find answers to most of your questions there.

Trouble is, it's difficult to cover the TF universe as there are dozens of them (most of the different media, TV comics etc, have too many irreconcilable differences to be part of the same frame of reality), and what's 'canon' for one media is wrong in another (for instance, the origins of the Transformers and Unicron etc).
    The Wiki provides all the viewpoints in turn.

3. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Yea I know there isn't really a "ultimate truth" as far as our fandom goes. I know there are alot of irregularities in our "canon". I'm just looking for the closest, if you know what I mean.

4. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

All of the IDW dooks that are out right now are great. The "ation" series of the main story are good, and the Spotlight's are great as well, and I enjoyed both of the beast wars books. So yeah those are out and you could find those at a local comic shop as compilations or at like a Borders bookstore or Barnes and Noble.