Customs: Looking For Some Fixing Advice on Animated Lockdown/Megatron & Universe Leatherhide

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Transfan2, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Transfan2

Transfan2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Transfan2 is Looking For Fixing Advice for TFs.

I am looking for advice in regards to fixing the following figures:

Animated Lockdown & Animated Cybertron Megatron
    Lockdown: Fixing Hands
    Megatron: Making his Cannon be more flushed with his arm (Voyager Version).

[​IMG]
    =======
    On My Leatherhide, One of the wings has plastic-looking film on it while the other wing doesn't.

Anyway to fix it?

Wing That Looks Fine
    [​IMG]

Wing That Has "Plastic-looking film" On It.
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any fix advice & if this thread needs to be moved to the right place (if it isn't), go right ahead.

-TF2

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  2. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Warm (not hot) water and soap washing for that wing. Possibly rub it with some white spirit. Either way, that's a ultra-f*cking valuable figure as it was never actually released so be careful with it.
    For Megatron there's not a lot you can do but pre-release samples hadn't gone through safety test yet so their cannon sits more flush.

3. Transfan2

News Credits:
    Hey Rhinox555,
    Thanks for the advice regarding Leatherhide as that is a good idea and I didn't want to do something stupid (due to its rarity).
    ====
    If anyone else wants to help, go ahead. :) 

-TF2

4. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I think the best thing you could do with Ani.Megs is to cut the part of the plastic that gets in the way of the cannon flipping up more off. I did it to mine, and while it's not a total fix, it looks a bit better in my opinion. As long as you don't cut too much off, it's not that noticable either. Unfortunately, I have yet to come up with, or hear of anyone else find a total fix for it though

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
  6. Transfan2

News Credits:
    I had a hunch that is probably what might be done, but Thanks for the idea anyway, it's a good one.
    ======================================
    Thanks for the head's up and perhaps I will give it a good look when it comes out.
    ======================================
    *Regarding the Animated Megs' Fix, I do have two cutting tools: A Box cutter & Exacto Knife...which would work best while making the damage minimal?

-TF2

7. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

TF2- I used a pair of clippiers (not recomended, I almost cut off too much)and an exacto knife to trim/even it out a bit. I'm sure it could be done with just an exacto knife, as the plastic isn't too hard. If I ever find the person / people who are responsible for such lousy placement of his cannon on this toy I'll hit him for you a few times too! (joking....although I'm sure most people can guess that, I have to say I'm joking because I'm new here and most people here don't know what a smart@ss I am)

8. Transfan2

News Credits:
    Thanks for your opinion in regards to Animated Megs (Voyager) and you strike the guy right out of the park (joking too :) ).
    =====
    Any and all help/advice/etc regarding what I am looking into is welcome and appreciated.
    ======
    I am wondering about in regards (this isn't a fix that I mentioned when I started, but I am wondering and since I am getting such good advice so I thought I ask here) fixing the loose joints that use pins like Nightbeat's legs. (Club One)
    ^==Any suggestions/etc regarding this?
    =======
    Thanks in advance,
    -TF2

9. Transfan2

News Credits:
    I am still looking for any additional advice regarding Lockdown's/Megatron's fixes along with Leatherhide's if you want and advice regarding fixing loose joints that use Pins in them like Club Nightbeat's Legs for example.

Thanks in advance,
    -TF2
    ======
    Side-Note: To Those who have helped me or will help me already, Thank you..very much. :) 

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  10. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
  11. Transfan2

News Credits:
  12. Transfan2

News Credits:
    I have another problem that I rather use this current thread since I got great help in the past and the problem is regarding Nightbeat's leg as seen in the picture below. The issue is that the leg is loose and uses a pin-joint so the help that I am looking for is anyway to get it fixed/tighted.

[​IMG]

-TF2