Looking for Shin Getter? info

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MegaMoonMan, Sep 14, 2006.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    A while ago, there was a thread in here that talked about the new (at the time) Shin Getter (I THINK that was it's name) figure. It was super expensive, and could break into three vehicles that didn't look like they could combine into what they did, it was super complex.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Was this actually ever released?

2. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

studio halfeye shin getter.

It was a very limited release. Try googling studio half eye, or she shin getter.

3. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Thanks, that's it. $300? I guess I don't need one that bad.

4. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    300 is very cheap. Where did you find that price? I want it.

5. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    $300 is cheap? For a useless toy? Must be nice to be you. I saw that price on some site when I googled it.

6. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    It's not a useless toy. It is a high-grade (basically) hand-made collectible. $500 is the standard price. But it's not an insignificant amount of money. I have wanted it for some time. $500 is probably fair, but simply too expensive for me to afford in addition to my TF collecting.

7. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Useless toy, handmade collectible - it just depends on one's opinion.

For $500, I'll pass. Hard. $150 - $200, maybe. The Aquarion I just bought pretty much pushed the envelope on how much I'll spend on a toy.

Actually, I'm not even sure that's the one I saw anymore. There are a couple at BBTS for around $300 each that look very similar (to me, at least - I know nothing about this series. I just know these are cool).

8. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

There's three of them altogether, not counting the simple change ones.

The big expensive Getter which I personally dislike, is the $500 made up of three vehicles which combine together in various ways to form all three robots. To me all three robots look like crap and I'd never buy it.

http://www.hlj.com/product/SHE030

The other two are the CV Shin Getters. There's Shin Getter 1 and Shin Getter 2, and each one is made up of three ships which combine together to form only that robot. I've got both and they're seriously awesome. I took some pictures of Shin Getter 1 the other night for the Cool things thread, but never posted them because they were shit.

http://www.hlj.com/product/SHE019
    http://www.hlj.com/product/SHE020

9. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Thanks for the nice close up pics! Are the two cheaper ones fully self contained, or is there a bunch of add-on parts besides the weapons? Any cheating in the transforming? About how tall are they?

10. Subotnik

Completely self contained, apart from a change of hands for holding the axe on Shin Getter1.

I can't really tell you how tall they are until I get home from work, but probably somewhere between 6" - 8".

Transformation cheating in what way?

There used to be a really good feature on the SHE website which showed all the details and transformation, but I can't find it at the moment. Check out the product pages though:

http://halfeye.m78.com/products/shin1b/shin1b.html
    http://halfeye.m78.com/products/shin2/shin2.html

Edit: Found it: http://halfeye.m78.com/sp_shin/sp_s_top.html

11. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Oh wow, yeah. No cheating there! I may get the one that is still in production - those are intricate and sweet!

12. Subotnik

Shin Getter 2 is my favourite. Shin Getter 1 has a funny leg transformation where if you don't get it just right the leg latch at the knee doesn't hold and the thigh keeps extending.

Even though the robots are only normal sized action figures, the ships are surprisingly large when they're uncombined.

Also, be aware that they're made of resin, not plastic.

13. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    What is the actual difference between the two? I've never had a resin piece. Does it break more easily?

14. Subotnik

It's a little more brittle, but not as fragile as some people make out. I've broken my Shin Getter1 twice, but both times they were extremely small and delicate pieces and were easily reattached with a bit of glue.

The other thing to know is that the getters are largely held together by screws and will often need to be tightened. One benefit of the screws is that the entire thing can be completely disassembled and put back together with the included screwdriver, and the manual has nice illustrations of how everything goes together like a model kit.

15. Subotnik

Some of the raw pictures I took the other night. Note the missing head spike on one side. It snapped off when I took it out of the box for the first time since moving cities, but I was too lazy to glue it back on before taking pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I changed one hand so he could hold the axe, but the weight of it kept pulling the shoulder pod open. Usually he holds it in both hands, but I couldn't be bothered changing the two of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The white box he's standing on is the one he comes in, and the one behind is for Shin Getter 2. The graphics are on the other side and overall it's a pretty nice package.

16. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The only one of these three transforming Getters I hadn't known about was the Shin Getter 2 - very expensive, but the effort put into these is great. Maybe when I win the lottery, I'll give the SHE Shin Getter 1 and 2 a chance, heh.