looking for selling advice.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ckhtiger, Jan 20, 2009.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

so I've got a buddy who lives near a big toystore in rhode island. he's got all of his vintage toys, and was going to try to sell them there, but they were only going to give him a fraction of what I thought they were worth. he's going to give them to me to sell for him on ebay, and I'm wondering if one large lot, a few small lots, or individually is the way to go. I'm thinking individually for the big guys, and then small lots of the teams.

here's the basics of what he's got, and I'm pretty sure they're all complete, some wear, but not broken (it's G1, no reissues):

devastator
    megatron
    soundwave
    optimus
    all the dinobots
    starscream, ramjet
    wheeljack
    about 8 minibots from the first two waves
    bombshell, kickback, shrapnel
    a few of the 84 "deluxes" that are rough
    and some others.

2. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If it were me I'd sell these individually
    devastator (as a set)

megatron

soundwave

optimus

all the dinobots

starscream,

ramjet

wheeljack

And sell these as lots
    about 8 minibots from the first two waves (one lot)

bombshell, kickback, shrapnel (one lot)

a few of the 84 "deluxes" that are rough (one lot)

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking. anyone have ideas off the top of their head of general values of these without going through ebay completed auctions?

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Agreed with thecypher0!

Since it's not hard to calculate the value for many of those figures from ended eBay sales, you may want determine a fair price and offer them up here first. Consider too if you pass along the nearly 10% savings by avoiding eBay (fees) to buyers here, you make the same money and avoid all the eBay hassles. :) 

5. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree with Macabremouse on this and not because Macabre agreed with me LOL...Ebay can be a pain if you don't do it often...hell it's even a pain when u do it often

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

true, true, but I can't count the number of times I've had people say "I want to buy this, what's the total with shipping?" only to never hear from them again. I really, REALLY don't get it. with ebay, it's a definite sell, and almost worth the hassle.

7. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    i agree with thecypher0 one sell them right and two i have a ebay account (as you can see) two it costs money to put them on there for every little thing (banners, pics, etc.) '
    but good luck with selling them and happy e-baying :) 

8. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    i have to agree with thecypher0 one because hes right about selling them, and two becuase its a pain putting and shipping things on ebay trust me i have a ebay account (as you can see) it costs money to put the items on there (banners, pics, etc.) so good luck and happy e-baying good luck :) 

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

ha, so my friend came up to visit on saturday, and brought all of his tfs and gi joes. when he saw my toy room, he just about died. sitting on the floor in front of my vintage g1 display, he decided that they really do look cool on display, and changed his mind about selling them. I could tell that he was starting to have a big change of heart, so I told him "remember, once you sell them, you can't get them back." looks like I saved him from making a big mistake :)