Looking for ROTF Leader Prime, Megs and Jetfire

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by Mimiru, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Mimiru

Mimiru Active Member

Hi

I'm looking for this three "little" formers. Would pay with Paypal and living in europe (just you know) shipping of course I would pay for ^^

here in europe those leader toys are way to expensive, about double what you pay for them. So I would be very thankfull if any of you could help me out ^-^

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) Where in Europe are you located? (import custom laws?)
    2) How much do these cost over there?
    3) Are you sure you don't want to wait for the Buster Prime?
    4) It's a shame, but you missed the huge TRU sale by a week. The cheapest I'd be able to find these bots for at the moment would be US$42. Jetfire might run US$52. If you're still interested and can't find anybody else drop me a line by Wednesday. The Target sale ends Saturday.

3. Mimiru

Mimiru Active Member

1. I'm located in germany. as far as I know there are no laws against transformers imports. even MP megs got through without a hassle ^^
    2. they cost 60 euros which is about 78 dollars over here.
    3. no I want all of them as separate bots (and cons XD) for the collection incl the package
    4. sounds good, do you know how much shipping it would be roughly?

4. Menasor81

Menasor81 Well-Known Member

costco is selling prime and megs for 35

5. Mimiru

Mimiru Active Member

this is really cheap! wish they would sell those over here for this prices... even 35 euros would be cheap compared to what they cost now *snif*
    hope some kind soul helps me out here ^^

6. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the $42 price I quoted is for a $36 Prime/Optimus from Target plus tax plus paypal so it's about the same as the costco. I'm guessing shipping will be around $50-55 so it would cost me about $190 to ship the three to you. If I can find a cheap Jetfire it would be $10 less. If someone else is from a state that does not charge tax (Delaware?) you might be able to save another $10.

It will be a big package. I believe the import tax limit for Germany is EU45 which this will go over. If they happen to feel like opening the package chances are they'll charge you an import tax which will make it about the same as buying locally.

LMK by Wednesday is still interested and nobody else can get them for you.

7. Mimiru

Mimiru Active Member

I guess, as nobody else has made an offer 'till now, I will go with yours then. 190 is okay with me (guess shipping is insured?).
    hopefully the customs won't get their hands on it... (and the custom free line is for 22 euros only ;-) )
    but if you declare the value for about 20-30 dollars on the package (or better 3x 10 dollars, will def. irritate the customs as the only glace at it for most the time)
    the chances are high it will slip through ^-^

and its not even sure they will release jetfire over here at all... (which is a shame!)

8. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need to swing by the store today anyways so I'll take a look. Insurance is weird. Since the package will weight about 8-9 lbs then the post office will insure some of it ($50? $90?) and then give you the option of paying a huge amount for the rest. However, if I list the item value as $30 then that's the largest amount they will insure for. Since the package will be 9 lbs, if I put $30 on it the chance of customs deciding to open it up goes up. 22 euros is the custom limit for commercial shipping. I believe but do not know for certain that if I mark it as a gift then the limit is 45 euros. $60 ($20x3) would have a better chance of making it through customs. I've read, but cannot confirm that if customs does decide to open the package they will estimate the cost of the item and charge you a tax on the item PLUS shipping. Also, priority tracking is useless as a tracking method once the item leaves the US. At that point it's only useful as delivery confirmation.

9. Mimiru

Mimiru Active Member

thats right 22 euros is for commercial, and 45 for gifts, but the customs take "marked as gift" not serious anyway. (though it would not hurt if you do so ^^) when they open it, they will definitly estimate.
    and I will then have to pay tax. (which is not that bad) but the chances will slim a bit by putting a low amount on the package and marking it as gift.

the problem with the insurance I understand completly, but when I read it correctly it will made no difference if you put on 100 or 30 dollars on the customs form right? (as they will insure it anyway below that amount)

the traking is useful as I can check with the german post office and the usps tracking number (just have to make a call then as they have no online-form for it) if the package is at customs, in transit or general had reached german ground ^-^ its just not on either the usps or the deutsche post website ^^

should I pay you then beforehand? or after you got the 3?

10. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can put whatever amount on the form that you like since you are the one responsible for what's on there. :D  It might even be legal for me to put $0 on the form as the custom forms serves no purpose in the US.

The difference in the amount on the custom form is this. Let's say that I'm automatically covered for $70 because I'm shipping 9 lbs. If I put $30 on the package and it gets lost then the post office will only pay me $30. One of us, either you or me would end up with a loss. If I put $100 on the package and it gets loss the post office will pay me $70. Still a loss but a lot smaller. The negative to this is that your chances are of being charged a tax is 100%.

You can pay me now or tomorrow. If I can pick up the items today I'll have a better estimate of shipping. Do you care about the condition the box comes in? I have a box that almost perfectly fits the three leaders but leaves no room for bubble wrap.

Paypal: videriant.tf@gmail.com

11. Mimiru

Mimiru Active Member

argh, heavy decision to be made about the shipping... what do you think is the best for it? ^^;; haven't lost a package in a while *knocks on wood* (<-- german habit of getting rid of bad luck)... but tracking should be on it anyway XD

as I'm going to open them anyway it makes no difference if the package will be a little damaged (as long the leaders won't come to harm I don't care) the package of them will be folded and later be put into another box anyway (just for archivation purpose on my end *gg* )

hmm if the shipping or the leaders will be cheaper or more expensive than 190 I guess its best if I pay you after you know for sure the total amount (if thats no problem with you)
    otherwise I can sent you the 190 now and you later repay me what is left or I have to pay you the missing if shipping is more expensive ^^

12. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No luck with Jetfire today. Will try some other stores tomorrow.

It'll always have tracking and I think the insurance is pretty useless since the US'll blame it on Germany post office and vice versa so the question is what price do you think is appropriate that they won't open it up and charge you custom.

13. Mimiru

Mimiru Active Member

thanks so far for your help, I really appreciate your effort. hopefully jetfire will be there today ^^

I think to put "3 x 10$" on the customs form and as item "toy robots" would be the best and safest method then.

will sent the money also today via paypal ^^ there should also be my adress displayed with the payment (sometimes its messed up though... so if you find a line missing like my name or so, just tell me okay?)