Looking for recommendations: Current Spiderman comic?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by lazerface, May 6, 2012.

1. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been out of the comic game for a while. I mostly read comics made in the 90's but I could never really afford following any series. I've recently gotten back into reading comics, because I was able to find some old issues to download. It's been cool getting to finish stories I started reading 15 years ago.

I'm looking for recommendations for current stuff, and thought I should start with what I know.

Is there a good current Spiderman series? I'm looking for something in the PG-13 / R territory if it exists. Please school me on my options.

I read the Amazing Spiderman and Todd McFarlane's Spiderman series back in the day. Isn't Amazing Spiderman still going?

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, Amazing Spider-Man is still going. If you can get past the fact they broke up MJ and Peter I think it's a good read....

3. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool. Thanks. I probably get back on that.

4. hthrun

Ebay:
    Their current storyline, Ends of the Earth, has started out pretty interesting. My subscription ran out, though, so I don't know how it's been since. I'm planning to wait and pick up the paperback if they come out with one...

5. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
  6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I was just about to write a topic with a similar request. xD
    Hey, about "Brand New Day", I started purchasing those issues but right in the half I got bored. :(  I have no problem with the whole reboot, I actually find it quite interesting but..meh...just doesnt do it for me.
    I did purchase the "Spider-Island" issues and that is quite good arc! :D  I am looking forward for "End of the Earth".^^

PS: I wanted to ask: where the heck did that Spider Queen came from? :S

7. hthrun

Ebay:
    Good question. I want to say she's from the aftermath of "The Other" storyline, but I'm not sure...

8. Brave Magnus

News Credits:
    "The Other", that sure left me wanting to see more. I mean, Spidey goes through "puberty", gets new powers, that web-creature appears and that's it? :S

9. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    That last part of JMS' run left a lot to be desired, sadly, I think the whole point of "The Other" was to give Peter organic webbing, and then they decided to toss in some other powers which were promptly forgotten anyway.

10. Brave Magnus

News Credits:
    Let me see, he had sticky skin and those stingers coming out from his hands. (Eew by the way XD). Kain has the same stingers in "Spider Island". Oh! He also could sense movements in his webs, right?

11. hthrun

Ebay:
    Yep, and he had night vision.
    Kind of goofy that they took away the organic web shooters with "Brand New Day" but not the other powers. At least that's what I've read in letter columns here and there, that the other new powers are still available but won't be used until the right situations come about...

12. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    so far it looks like Kaine has seems to have the powers from "The Other", he has organic webbing, and recently used the spike/talons and can now talk to spiders.....all powers peter had when he had "The Other" powers