Customs: looking for pics of different real gear cosmos

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm planning on making a cosmos out of real gear longview, and I know that a few of these have been done. however I can only find one on our boards here, and I'd like to look at a few different ones for some ideas. one in particular was hosted on transtopia, but appears to have disappeared when they switched to seibertron's hosting. any help (images) would be greatly appreciated. the minibot project lives on! :) 

2. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Hey! Sorry I don't have new pics....Everytime I want to take some shots, my batteries are dead.
    Anyways, I'll post new pics tomorrow I promise!

BTW check this out

3. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

I've been working on this same project for a few months on and off..No pics as of yet though..I also noticed once I had his head apart, that he actually has a face with eyes under his visor..

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, after posting this question, I came across the thread you just listed...

5. Ptitvite

Here goes some additional pictures
    This was my worst painting experience. When I spray painted the second cote of green paint, it started flaking....turtle's back.
    I had to clean it using some thinner then tried it again. It did some flakes but alot less than my first attempt.
    Also had some trouble painting the yellow paint..... the head went pretty well tho :dunce 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

let me guess...krylon? if I'm right, I'll tell you how I guessed. how did you do the autobot logo on his chest? is it a clear backed sticker?

7. Ptitvite

No, at that time, there was not much Krylon colors at WalMart. there was mostly Colour Place and Excel. Nowadays, Krylon and Rustoleum takes most of the paint isle at walmart. I've been using Krylon and Rustoleum for my latest bashes and I did'nt have any problems.
    The logo is in fact a clear faction symbol from Reprolabels.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I had problems going back and respraying krylon on something a week or so after an original application. it caused my first layer of krylon to spiderweb and bubble off. I've only used krylon one other time since then. it's all hand paints for me.