Looking for "old" PS2 and XBOX recommendations

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Voiceroy, Dec 12, 2008.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Darkwatch by Capcom. FPS meets vampires meets cowboys...throw in a surprise sex scene and you've got yourself a great game. I believe it was released for both consoles.

[​IMG]

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I beat "Gun" a few months ago. As I mentioned in the "what are you playing..." thread, I really enjoyed it up until the ending. You finally get the awesomely destructive bigass gun and the fastest horse, only to no longer have a reason to use it except to shoot at random bandits and townspeople. So anticlimactic.

I had been really looking forward to playing "Red Dead Revolver" as well, and then after I finally got it I was so annoyed by the frustratingly complicated controls for the slo-mo shootouts, I put it away and didn't play it for over a year.

I think I gave up on these too easily. I checked them out while I was working at GameStop and they just seemed to be better enjoyed as multiplayer. Playing solo campaigns was confusing for me -- I hated every time I died getting sent back to the starting point. And the controls were kinda difficult to get used to as well, but maybe that was just the XBOX port.

Been there, beat that. Fun game, but there were some things about it I really hated:

- the controls, esp. targeting
    - Prime's lack of endurance
    - Prime practically being even powerwise with the other two playable characters
    - the rag doll physics got old REAL quick. I swear, I watched a few years of my life go buy waiting for my body to land whenever I took a hard hit
    - not being able to use more minicons at one time (like Prime couldn't have been given more ability with them?)
    - save points just never came along frequent enough for me
    - ending was a little anticlimactic. I found it easier to beat Unicron than some of the other boss battles. I think 3 attempts and I was done.
    - definitely needed more playable characters, and I wanted SO BAD to play as the Decepticons

Overall, it was enjoyable to play though. I ended up giving in and enabling god mode to keep from losing so much time with the rag doll physics. And I really loved the boss battles, as frustrating as they sometimes were. Since I still haven't played the movie game to date, this still stands as the best console TF game to date.

Not just fun, but really fun, and especially in multiplayer. I mentioned this game in the "what are you playing" thread as well, and I'm actually still trying to beat it nearly two years later. I cannot ever complete the Navajo skill trial.

I loved Halo, but hated the ending. I must've done like 60 attempts to jump that abyss during the time-trial at the end when I finally realized that there was actually NO WAY to make the jump and I went looking for an alternate escape route. Guess I was just stupid not to think of it sooner.

And then, after all the crap I went through to complete that level, at the end I was rewarded with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The ending was completely anticlimactic.

It seems like the ending for Halo 2 was disappointing as well, although for some reason I can't remember why at the moment. I did really enjoy the campaign though, except that I was disappointed with the weapons system changes they tried to introduce for the sequel. I loved the original setup. That's what happens when you muck with a classic.

Just beat that one too (also mentioned in the "what are you playing" thread). I was surprised how enjoyable and entertaining that game was. Most games based on movies suck, and even more impressive that it was Vin Diesel's Tigon Games debut title. This game managed to combine all my favorite gaming genres: FPS, stealth, puzzle-solving, act-adv/hack-slash, and even graphical adventures as well.

I'm hoping I'll finally be able to afford a 360 in 2009 so I can play the expanded, enhanced version of the game, although I wish they'd have produced a full-out sequel instead, or even a prequel.

And many thanks to everyone who contributed other suggestions in this thread. I definitely will check them all out.

Any other recommendations?

3. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the XBox, Theif 2.

For the PS2, Fire Prowrestling Returns.