Customs: Looking For: Metroplex Custom (Dual Garage)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Pulse, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Pulse

Pulse Hugged a minicon today?

Ebay:
    Long ago (back in the usenet days) a few people did an interesting mod. They swapped out the heliport on metroplex with another garage.

I've been looking around the net but can't find any of the old sites (there used to be a how-to site as well) or even some of the images.

Anyone have a clue where I can find some of these?

2. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

And with the remaining parts and 'Plex, they could make a dual helipad Metroplex.

Actually, I can dig the idea of the big guy working as primarly an airport. His carrier/battle station mode certainly has the runway.

3. Pulse

Pulse Hugged a minicon today?

Ebay:
    My idea was to make his battle wagon mode into a land based aircraft carrier. :) 

Was just hoping to find some of the old stuff as a guide (why re-invent the whell, right?).

Hmm, the twin-helipad idea would be interesting. The hard part would be reversing the new helipad.

You'd have to put the pad on backwards (with the arm slide facing forward) or make a whole new hinge, also the missles and things would be facing backwards.

Though, if you made a new hinge, you'd have the arm slide facing inside, where it mounts to plex, instead of outside.

Hmm....Cut off the old hinge, take top off the shoulder (where the arm mounts) and slice the slide off, flip it and graft it onto the side with the new hinge. Move the shoulder mounting point a bit (as they are different on each side) and go from there.

Or, take the helipads and graft them onto the back of the garages. So you end up with a dual-garage, dual-helipad metroplex. ;) 

4. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    This is something i'm very interested in seeing or hearing more about....can anyone help with that?

5. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Haven't seen it. I'd like to.