Looking for Jihaxus pics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Bovril, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I'm making a custom Jihaxus figure, but I'm having trouble finding reference material. IDW is the main inspiration for this one.

I've tracked down a couple of good pics in my collection - the last page of Spotlight Cyclonus and Devastation 06, but if anyone can think of any others it'd save me hours and hours of digging.

Thx ;) 

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Wasn't there some decent ones in Spotlight Arcee?

3. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Just one blurry face-shot :S

4. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the best I could do. I know second one isn't IDW, but It's Jhiaxus.

5. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFWiki has a good closeup of his face, as well as a group shot of the Dead Universe guys. You might be able to find more in the various Revelations spotlights, especially if you need shots from the rear. I hope these all help.

Good luck with your custom. I'm really interested to see how it turns out. Do you know if you're going to use another figure as a base for the custom? If so, one of the movie Starscream molds might work.

6. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I think those're about the best pics going :) 

Yeah I'm actually making it to 'use up' a Movie SS junker I have laying around. Pity the IDW version doesn't have an altmode...

7. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

On the offchance anyone is still reading, what do people think IDW Jihaxus's altmode is supposed to be?

I had a dig through those sketchbook drawings in the back of the IDW comics (LOVE those concept arts!) but no sign of the J-man. You can kinda see wings on his back, I think, but no sign of a cockpit.

Maybe he can't transform? The hunched-over stance gives a 'waped' sorta vibe, like maybe he's experimented on himself. Ahh I dunno.

8. DarthCrusher

News Credits:
    It's been suggested before that he may have experimented on himself. He certainly experimented on just about anything else he could get his hands on. :rolleyes: 

As for his alt-mode, I'd say he's some kind of Cybertronian jet (which leaves a ton of room for interpretation), although he may be unable to transform. I think the only Dead Universe guys who took on Earth-modes were Grindcore and Straxus (as their mission required them to be on Earth). Someone really ought to ask Simon Furman what, if anything, Jhiaxus turns into.

9. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Well in the Marvel G2 comic he turned into a sort of Scourge-esque thing. I know you're going with the IDW version of him, but maybe some inspiration could be drawn from it? IDW Jhiaxus always sort-of looked like a more hunch backed version of movie protoform Starscream, IMO.

10. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

They really should! I wonder how one would go about doing so...

Yeah I've been struggling to get the hunch-backed look outta Movie screamer, I think I may have to acquire a proto version and use parts from both!

11. DarthCrusher

News Credits:
    He's got a blog, I think.

12. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

It's probably the artist who designed IDW Jhiaxus that would really know, as Simon Furman would probably just say 'Cybertronian Jet' or something like that, rather than anything too specific that would help you with the custom.

13. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Well the project is finally underway - taking a cue from what's been said in this thread, I'm basing it on Protoform Starscream.

I see @ radicons this has been done before, so I'm taking it a bit further. Legs are being cut down to match the comic, 07 Starscream's wings will be added to flesh out the altmode and fold up onto his back. Mandatory arm blades etc. will be present. Colour scheme will be fairly accurate and more vibrant than others have done (not knocking anyone's style, I just love the comic-book style).

Not sure about the head - if anyone can think of a suitable base for it, speak up!