Looking for instances where a Comic hero killed an innocent (May contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm looking for instances where a Comic hero killed an innocent or another hero. Also included is former heroes who turned evil and killed. I've noticed this a couple of times recently. I'm not including when a hero was forced to kill a villain or criminal. Here is my list so far:

1. Iron Man in a recent arc was mind controlled and killed several national leaders and blew up a jumbo jet.
    2. The Punisher was mind controlled by Hate Monger and killed his partner Micro's girlfriend.
    3. Bucky as the Winter Soldier killing in the name of the Soviets.
    4. Hal Jordan snaps killing Kilowog in Emerald Twilight. (Even though Kilowog came back to life)
    5. Jean Grey as Dark Phoenix killing worlds.
    6. Autobot Kup from when he went crazy and killed his autobot rescuers in his Spotlight issue.
    7. Kyle Rayner killed Jack T. Chance while possessed by Parallax.
    8. Ghostrider killed an agent of shield in the betrayal storyline.
    9. Max Lord turned bad and killed Ted Kord the Blue Beetle.
    10. Superboy-Prime turned bad killing in Infinte Crises
    11. Alexander Luthor turned bad reshaping the universe in Infinite Crises.
    12. Spider-man accidentally kills Wolverine's friend Charlie (an ex-KGB agent who's taking the KGB out).
    13. Wolverine, under the control of Hydra, kills Northstar in Enemy of the State.
    14. Arsenal used an explosive arrow that accidentally resulted in Joto's 'death' at the time (Titan's Then and Now arc, Joto did return eventually.)
    15. Sharon Carter (Shield agent), under mind control by Dr. Faustus, delivers the killing shots to Captain America.
    16. Marvel Boy, during his time in the New Warriors, accidentally kills his abusive father. Later changes his name to "Justice."
    17. The Flash (Jay Garrick) was possessed by the Spirit King and was forced to kill the original Mr. Terrific (Terry Sloane).
    18. Scarlet Witch kills Ant-Man, Vision and Hawkeye in Avengers Disassembled.
    19. Jean Loring kills Sue Dibney in Identity Crisis.
    20. Superman (Silver age) and Jimmy Olsen encounter a beautiful alien girl leashed to her ugly alien pet. At the request of Jimmy, Superman separates the ugly pet from the girl's leash (and unknown symbiotic relationship) resulting in both of their deaths.
    21. Hawk goes insane, becomes Monarch, and kills Dove in Armageddon 2001.
    22. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) becomes a killer and heads the League of Assassins. (She was drugged by Deathstroke)
    23. Doctor Mid-Nite was drugged and involved in a car accident which took the life of a young woman named Katherine Blythe.
    24. Wonder Woman deflected a bullet and it struck a young boy in a crowd killing him in a "War of the Gods" tie-in to the main title.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Iron has been controlled several times now. HE was controlled into killing some guy back in the 80's so he got drunk. He was controlled by immortus and went around killing avengers, got killed, then replaced by an alternate teenaged version of himself, then came back(not really explained) His armor being hacked or him being mind controlled is very over used at this point.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'm sure there are plenty of "off panel" instances. You can't tell me in all those big battles that not one life was lost on the account of a hero, especially Civil War. Next time I notice one though, I'll let you know.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, it was explained in... an annual or something. When Franklin sent the heroes into the "Franklinverse", he transformed them into more familiar forms. When the heroes found their way back to the regular MU and regained their memories, it turned out he has the memories of the original Tony, Teen Tony, and Heroes Reborn Tony.

Chris

5. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I added Autobot Kup to the list from when he went crazy and killed his autobot rescuers in his Spotlight issue.

6. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I'm not a DC guy, but didn't Wonder Woman snap some guy's neck with her lasso?

Also the Avengers/TF series killed an innocent crossover. Does that count?

7. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    Max Lord? Was that his name? Guy that killed Ted Kord/Blue Beetle?
    [​IMG]

8. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah Max Lord used to be on the good guys side so I'll add him. Wonder Woman is exempt since Max was a villain when she snapped his neck. Thanks.
    Was that the recent series? Please explain how it happened.

9. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    1987's Spider-Man vs. Wolverine #1
    In Russia, Spider-Man accidentally kills Wolverine's friend Charlie (an ex-KGB agent who's taking the KGB out). Wolverine was going to kill her anyways since the KGB would never let her go and she didn't want to get caught and tortured.

10. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks Primal!

11. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Sorry, my lame attempt at being funny. The recent New Avengers/Transformers crossover was pretty brutal. Thus taking something that could have been innocent and fun and ending its life prematurely.

12. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Also: Around Marvel's Transformers #17 and #18 doesn't Blaster kill Spanner who's been incorporated into the space bridge?

I'd need verification on this fuzzy memory.

13. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

I should have TF 17 and 18 I'll check.

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seems that most of the examples above are someone being mind controlled, went nuts, or brainwashed. What about accidental deaths when the hero is in their right mind? Something like Superman throwing a car a Metallo, it misses and hits a kid standing on the street watching the fight.

15. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't some kids on Yancy Street get killed during the events of Civil War, causing the Thing to say he was either going to France or Canada?

16. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Jazz shot Sparkplug in the Marvel Transformers comic book. Sparkplug didn't die, but still, it wasn't for lack of trying...

17. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Optimus Prime killed some innocent building dwellers in his video game fight with Megatron, if that counts. It counted for him, since it lead to his suicide.
    Um.....Do Marvel Zombies count? :lol 

18. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

The Flash (Jay Garrick) was possessed by the Spirit King and was forced to kill the original Mr. Terrific (Terry Sloane).

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about Gwen Stacy's death? Its implied that the "whipleash" from Spidey's webbing may have killed her by accident?

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    How about, of all people, Superman himself?
    Superman anuual #3 (Armageddon 2001 crosover):
    A glimpse into a future where Superman, driven mad with grief after a nuke explodes in Metropolis (killing Lois Lane), decides to rid the world of all nuclear weapons. He orders the crew of a nuclear sub to evacuate before sinking it (using his x-ray vision to make sure that the sub is empty. However, several sailors on the sub were shielded from his x-ray vision by the lead lining round the reactor, and died as a result.
    To make matters worse - when the JLA are sent after him he created a wall of fire that leads to Martian Manhunter dying of a heart attack (since he was terrified of fire). Superman is eventually killed by Batman, using a Kryptonite ring.

Also in Armageddon 2001, Hawk goes insane, becomes Monarch, and kills Dove (not to mention a lot of other heroes. Such as pretty much all of them).
    However this was later retconned into Captain Atom becoming Monarch; that was the original plan anyway, but the story was leaked causing DC to alter it to Hawk becoming Monarch. So include it at your discretion.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007