Customs: looking for ideas to update the wreckers.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Jul 4, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

after getting botcon springer, I was thinking how much that figure would be a great kicking off point for doing the wreckers. I figured that evac would make a great whirl (with a g1 shockwave head) and cd red alert would do quite nicely for roadbuster. but mainly I'm looking for ideas for the other two main wreckers, also the toy line's red-headed stepchildren, top spin and twin twist. the alt. mode would have to somewhat resemble what the g1's did, and bot mode resemblance would be secondary. I would like them to be deluxe size or smaller, but I just can't think of anything that would be worthwhile. although if there was something from a different toyline that would work too.

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    For Top Spin, I'd definitely use Energon Skyblast. For Twin Twist....Maybe Cybertron Scattorshot? I think it'd be pretty easy to modify his gigantic missiles into drills of some sort.

G1 Shockwave's head might be a little big for Evac, though. Maybe go for Energon Shockblast instead. I dunno if I like the idea of CD Red Alert as Roadbuster. But if that's what you wanna do, go for it. I'd personally use Energon Strongarm or Cybertron Hardtop for him.

And you can't forget Broadside! Other than Tidal Wave, I dunno who'd be good for him. I'd say to make one based off his jet mode, but he's more known for his aircraft carrier mode, right? So I dunno.

All of those would require some resculpting of at least their faces to complete the look, though.

3. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    For Top Spin, I'd definitely use Energon Skyblast. For Twin Twist....Maybe Cybertron Scattorshot? I think it'd be pretty easy to modify his gigantic missiles into drills of some sort.

G1 Shockwave's head might be a little big for Evac, though. Maybe go for Energon Shockblast instead. I dunno if I like the idea of CD Red Alert as Roadbuster. But if that's what you wanna do, go for it. I'd personally use Energon Strongarm or Cybertron Hardtop for him.

And you can't forget Broadside! Other than Tidal Wave, I dunno who'd be good for him. I'd say to make one based off his jet mode, but he's more known for his aircraft carrier mode, right? So I dunno.

All of those would require some resculpting of at least their faces to complete the look, though.

4. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

Blackout as Sandstorm.

Top Spin was amphibious so maybe one of the boat moulds was it Thunderblast with a new head

5. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

Blackout as Sandstorm.

Top Spin was amphibious so maybe one of the boat moulds was it Thunderblast with a new head