Looking for help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, May 27, 2008.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I have no clue which would be the best forum for this, although I have seen a couple very long flamewar threads regarding this issue that I wanted no part of.

I want to get a Henkei Thundercracker. Big Bad Toy Store has a preorder up for him and Skywarp together for 139.99. I emailed them and asked them if they were gonna drop the price since there will no longer be a limit on the figures, and if they were planning on selling the two figures separately (I have the Target Skywarp, and he's good enough for me). I got a reply that said they were not planning on selling them separately, but that they were dropping the price to 69.99.

I went to the site to see, but the TC/SW set still says 139.99, and they have a listing for Thundercracker on his own. The weird thing: he's listed for 74.99. :crazy: 

Let's assume for a moment that they really will offer the set of two for 69.99. I really want the Thundercracker, but could care less for Skywarp. Would anyone be willing to split the price of the set and take the Skywarp? Of course, all of this is moot if Thundercracker stays at 74.99.

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to split(assuming they change the price to $69.99), but since they've put TC seperatley, I want to see if they'll do the same for Skywarp(& he'd probably be cheaper), I might also just go with Classics Skywarp instead.

3. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't bodhar say he was dropping the price of his single TC? I'd go with him if you're looking for the best price.

actually I just re-read your post. I have a hard time seeing BBTS of all people selling them for 69.99 for the set! I hope its true, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You should definitely post the email they sent you. Perhaps they will respond here if its posted.

4. Autobot X

bodhar? What/who is that?

5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A eBay seller who signed up here and is/was offering the set for $125 shipped.

6. Autobot X

Oh, yeah. I've seen his auctions...he wants like $30 dollars for shipping, making a 44.99 Transformer 74.99...might as well get the 74.99 Thundercracker that Big Bad has. At least if Big Bad really does offer the set for 69.99, you get two Transformers, plus like maybe $12 dollars for shipping. I'd rather go halvsies with a fellow board member and get 'Cracker for what would amount to less than $40. Gosh...collecting toys is hard!:scalper 

7. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

could almost guarantee that the $69.99 might refer to Thundercracker alone but no way on skywarp/thundercracker as a set...that would not even be realistic ..they would lose money on that price....

8. Autobot X

Big Bad got back with me today, and apologized. Apparently she was confused and thought I was asking about the Encore reissues. So I guess it's back to ebay.:( 

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, bodhar is probably the cheapest option you're going to find right now. He's charging $125 for both or $75 (I believe) for one. His eBay auctions are a little more expensive due to wanting to recoup his fees (who doesn't?), but if you message him through TFW he'll give you the same deal he was giving everyone else.

One word of advice. If you really want it don't wait around for it... you're not likely to find it cheaper simply because of all the loopholes you have to go through to get TC imported into the states as the store selling him doesn't ship to addresses outside Japan (same with the store selling Skywarp). So, you're going to have to go through a middle man who's going to want his own cut. In any case good luck and I hope you get one.