Looking for help to sub Micron Legend

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Snowcat, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Snowcat

Snowcat Animation Detective

Now, I know some people may think this a pointless endeavour, considering the general view of the Unicron Trilogy these days. But I still think there's some worth in seeing a proper translation of the original show. And who knows when or if TV-Nihon will ever get around to subbing it.
    So, what I'm proposing is making my own subbed version. All I need is someone to do translations. Besides that, I think I'd be able to handle everything else, like timing, typesetting, editing and QC. Though I've never actually produced a fansub before, I do have good experience with timing and editing.
    So, if there's a translator out there who would like to help out, maybe we can help bring some new attention to what is, in my opinion, a very underrated series.
    Finally, I'd like to quell the myths about just how much animation was changed in Micron Legend. While it's true, there is still plenty of terrible animation, the episodes that feature fixes and new animation are more then just a few. In fact, there are at least 12 episodes that have interesting changes. Episode 51 has some 50 changes alone.
    I present here some rather interesting comparisons, none of which I might add, are from Link-Up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I can't remember if ML was subbed already, but I do remember that some of the ones I had gotten (from WPP before TV-Nihon took over) were definately RAW.

3. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Oh man. You weren't kidding when you said Micron Legend has much better animation that Armada. Believe me I would love to see a subbed version of it, and I would love to help you, but I have a problem with understanding other languages. Sorry mate... :( 

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wouldn't be easier to have the english dub play over the the ML version.

My god that animation for ML is glorious. I wish we could gte a remastered dub like what they did with Dragonball Z after that trainwreck known as the first Funimation dub

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I honestly didn't realize it hadn't already been subtitled. I agree it would be a worthy pursuit. But there's a lot of effort and craft involved in not only the translation but the English script polish. Good luck finding all the people you'll need to help you with this.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's probably not that easy. I'd imagine the redone animation also comes with slightly different timing - different lip movements, sound effects and actions being moved ever so slightly. It's probably doable, but it would not be perfect.

7. Snowcat

Snowcat Animation Detective

Thank you, I'd be happy if I could just get a rough translation. I have very good english language skills and because we already have a rough idea of what the story is, I don't think polishing it would be too difficult.

Actually, for the most part, the timing is the same. There are a few points where it changes, but not many. And the eyecathes also have different timing.
    And of course, there are a few bits of animation that are completely unique to Micron Legend. They're very tasty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next post, we'll look at the changes applied to Unicron.