Looking for galleries of Soul of Chogokin Evangelion figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by MasterOfPuppets, Apr 28, 2006.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Can't seem to find very good images of them anywhere. If someone could point me in the right direction that'd be great.

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

:rock 

Damn those things are awesome. The metallic finishes are just so nice. I wish they had galleries of the rest though. I really want to see how the Blue Unit 00 looks. Plus the Unit 03 and 04 and pure sweetness.

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Man Unit 01 looks pretty damn spiffy! Love that sword.

How much do those go for? Those look way better them some of the other Eva figs I've seen, they look a lot more poseable.

Might have to hunt some of those down this week if there not too pricey as I'm on a big Eva trip right now :D 

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I just did a quick search on Ebay. For BINs, the cheapest and most common seems to be the yellow Unit 00 at $41.99. Most if not all are shipping from Hong Kong so the shipping is expensive, $25 on that particular listing.

Big price jump to $69.99 for Unit 02 and a couple auctions from Unit 03 and 04 starting at $69.99.

I'd pretty much ignore the prices for Unit 01 and the blue Unit 00 on Ebay because they are being rereleased so if you get them at an online store then I'm sure you can get it at a reasonable price.

I'll be getting Unit 01 and the blue Unit 00 as soon as they arrive at Ages Three and Up sometime this month. Since you're in Canada I'd reccomend pre-ordering them from their website because you get it at a cheaper price if pre-ordered. Also Spencer told me that Unit 03 and 04 are being rereleased as well and the preorder listings at BBTS that say arriving in October seem to confirm that. I just hope they rerelease Unit 02 as well because I'm really hoping to be able to get all the Evas from this line.

6. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I bought Unit 01 last time it was rereleased (which it is again within the next couple of months for ~$60 U.S.) and I must say it is indeed badass. Two sets of shoulder pylons, one with the knife and missiles, the other thinner, great poseability, and extra head spike in case you lose the other one or it breaks, extra hands, both swords with sheaths...just a really cool toy. I'd recommend picking one up whole heartedly, and I'm not even a huge Eva fan.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh fate how ye tempt thee :cry 

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er, there was an "extra" head spike"? Dang...I'm abit worried. All I did when I got mine was opened with up, checked up the main bot, fiddled with the joints then put him back in the box.

By the way, will Bandai reissue this line? I keep hearing rumors of them being reissued but has seen nothing concrete these last few years! :confused: 

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  10. Emperor Mengde

I don't think there's anything to be worried about...it was just a nice move by Bandai to include the extra one since the one that comes attached can come loose and get lost (it doesn't just fall out on it's own, but could be knocked loose). As for Bandai reissueing the line, it just seems that every so often they just decide to do more production runs of older figures. For example, the Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger figures are being produced again and should be available soon, as is Combattler V and a couple of the Evas (the blue 00 and Unit 01 I believe).

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Neither antenna came attached.

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

http://pony-hp.web.infoseek.co.jp/CD_EVA-4_5.htm

I missed one. Seeing as they're chrome and black versions, they're probably just limited releases of another mold. Very common with Bandai's chogokin line to pump out metallic chromed and repainted variations of figures.

Even if you can't understand the titles, the URLs still refer to the bots in English. Any particular ones you want to know about?

Some of my personal faves out of the galleries...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    This one it's incredible. :rock 

14. Emperor Mengde

Heh, you're absolutely right about that...it's been a while since I opened mine and had forgotten (and certainly wasn't going to go dig the box out of the closet :D  ). Oh, and the Max Factory Mazinkaiser is indeed awsome (just wish I owned one).

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Thanks for the galleries to Unit 03 and 04. They look soooo good. Even though Unit 03 was only in one episode and Unit 04 was never shown in the TV series I still want both since the colour schemes just totally rock.