Looking for collaborators for Transformers Webseries

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by TFTM, Oct 12, 2011.

1. TFTM

TFTM Well-Known Member

Hi, right now I'm working on putting together a series of Transformers shorts, and I'm looking for people interested in helping out. I'm not looking for people to do everything for me, I'm just looking for people who want to help tell cool Transformers stories in a way that might not have been done a whole lot.

I've done a couple of test videos to show the kind of thing I'm going for.

This first video is actually the second one I made. I think it's a little stronger than the other as a proof of concept, but it's still missing things like sets and decent sound design, and I didn't write any dialogue for it.
    Link to video.

This second video was my original test to see if it was possible to make something using Transformers toys but not have to resort to stop motion. Hopefully there's a noticeable jump in quality between the two videos, and I'm hoping to keep up that kind of progression as I get more and more used to shooting things in miniature.
    Link to video.

So what I'm looking for is first and foremost a sound editor. Sound can make or break a movie, but it's something I haven't really spent too much time on in the past.

Second, I'm looking for voice actors. I'll probably do a couple of the voices myself, but I don't have the range to cover all the different characters that might appear (and I definitely can't do a convincing Optimus or Megatron).

Third, I'm looking for writers. Not people to do all the work for me, but people who I can work with to give each character and story a unique voice. Maybe you've got a piece of fanfiction you'd like to see put on screen, or even just an idea for a story or scene that would look cool.

Hopefully some of you out there are interested in a project like this, and if you've got any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

You're pretty good with those stop-motions, I liked the effects and the camerawork.

And I'm always willing to be a voice-actor, just tell me the voices you want and I'll be there to help.

3. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can do some voices but the other stuff not so much

4. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

PM'd you.

5. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    That looks great! Looking forward to seeing more.

6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I may try to do some Voice Acting.

7. TFTM

TFTM Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support!

I'd like to have the majority of the episodes written before I shoot anything, but I want to have the dialogue recorded before I shoot so that I can match the puppetry to the vocal performances.
    This means that it might be a little while before I have too much from the actual series to show, but once I start putting out episodes, the gap between them shouldn't be very long.

I've also got a question. How distracting is the lack of sets in the videos? I'm building a few for base interiors and things, but I don't have the room to put anything resembling the great outdoors. I think the fact that the characters are toys makes it easier to suspend disbelief about them running around on computer desks and countertops, but that might not be true for everyone.

8. Ceedlorenzo

Ceedlorenzo Ceedbot

Ebay:
    Hello, I'll try to do some editing with the BG Music... And i'll give you a link as soon as I get my hands on my laptop at home.. =)

9. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try posting auditions in the Voice Acting Club or the Voice Acting Alliance. You'd be surprised from the free talent you can get online.

Still, that is some real damn good cinematography. If getting sets is a problem, try integrating the problem instead of fixing it. Maybe make a series like Toy Story where the characters act and believe they are the Bots and Cons they represent.

10. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Actually, you could also go the green screen route and have set IMAGES made. I dabble in 3d using Poser Pro 2010. If your interested in some city scapes or what not let me know

11. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    So if we want to voice where can we send our auditions to

12. TFTM

TFTM Well-Known Member

I've considered that, since them literally being toys ties in pretty well with the theme of the story, so I probably will blur the lines a little bit as to whether or not they're actually supposed to be toys in the story.
    And thanks for the tip about the voice acting sites. I'll give them a look!

That's also a possibility. I don't really want to do greenscreen for the whole thing, since I'd like to get as much in-camera as possible, but I'm working on setting up a blue screen rig for the flying characters in the series, and if anywhere, that's where I'd need CG backgrounds.

You can either send me a message on youtube with the audition as a video, or email it directly to transformerstoymovie@hotmail.com

13. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Can you list the characters you need voices for? I can do a mean Starscream. Ive already sent you one of my screamer voice on email.

14. TFTM

TFTM Well-Known Member

That's a good idea.
    Since I'm looking more for performance over imitation, I'll give a brief rundown of the main characters' personalities rather than their names.

The protagonists are a squad of 5 Autobots that include:

An untested squad commander that makes up for his lack of firepower with intelligence and courage.

A tired old mechanic that fought beside Optimus Prime when the Autobots first came to Earth.

The only Autobot plane in a society where flyers are seen as cowardly and treacherous. Young, good-hearted, and fast.

A Decepticon defector... or so he claims. An excellent melee combatant... or so he claims. Formerly Megatron's personal assassin... or so he claims.

A former archivist (well, more like a Cybertronian wikipedia editor) who's always looking for the path of least resistance.

The main Villain is half scientist, half magician. His experiments often require bodily sacrifices, living sparks, and lots of energon.

There will be others of course, but these are the most important to the plot. If there's a type of character you'd really like to play, just let me know and I'll try to find a place for it. There's a lot of room for extra characters to help flesh out the setting and plot.

15. Apoclatron5675

News Credits:
    sent all of my voices ive recorded so far as Starscreamownz said don't know which ones you need

16. 13DINO

13DINO Derpasaurus

News Credits:
    I call do all 3, not to be egotistic but I can handle all 3 or any. Just sayin...

17. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I could channel Armada Starscream. I love the idea of him choosing to be noble for once.

18. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I will be willing to help!
    The stop motion looks well done!

I am more of a evil voice guy... so basically if you need evil voices, I'm your man.... I sometimes go alittle crazy/psycho with the voices.

Here is a playlist of my audition videos... Anything you like I could do for you or I could do a new audition video with voices you would like me to try sir! =)
    Audition takes - YouTube
    Here is some stuff I recently voiced in -
    Transformers Universe - Episode 03 & 04 "Lifeline" (both parts) - YouTube
    (I did alot of voices in this ^)
    ~Transformers Dark of the moon - Decepticons in Africa (Fan Dub)~ - YouTube
    (I'm very proud of this dub I did above... I did all the voices... I did mess up one line but whatever... I also did Sound effect there.)
    ~Transformers The Movie - Starscream's Coronation (Fan Dub)~ - YouTube
    Transformers Inception - Megatron Teaser Trailer - YouTube
    (These videos for fun as well)

I also am a decent Sound editor and writer as I've been told.
    This is my most recent work -
    Transformers War on Earth: Episode 1 HD (With special features) - YouTube

I could write some small lines or help you come up with plots but I can't do too much more then that.
    Sound editing though... I LOVE DOING due to my giant collection of effects and my own custom made effects.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  19. TFTM

TFTM Well-Known Member

Well, I just noticed that the video links in the OP were in the wrong spots. They're fixed now, but If you're interested in helping with the project and you haven't watched both videos, I'd really recommend you watch the other one I posted, which is now correctly listed first. I was wondering why the video I thought was worse had 12 times as many views as the better one. Sorry about that!

20. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voice Acting Alliance Forums

Try making an account and posting an audition here. It would go under Fan Visual. You'll get some insane talent.